Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Card?

Options
  • 18-12-2006 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Getting a new computer soon and wondering which card to get.

The ATI Radeon X1900 XT 256 MB or the Nvidia 7950 GT 512 MB.

I will be using the card for games including Counter - Strike Source and COD 2.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Hmm well I would normally go with the X1900XT between the two but the CoD2 was a badly coded engine with little in the way of optimization work done on it, as they focused their efforts on the Xbox 360 version.

As a consequence of that CoD 2 is one of the few games that genuinely benefits from 512MB of RAM (the same in the X360) so the 7950GT 512MB it is if you play a lot of CoD 2.

As for source that runs well on almost everything doesn't really matter what you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

Mencius wrote:
    Nvidia 7950 GT 512 MB.

As an owner of the above, all I can say is that I'm really happy with it - I can't put settings utterly ludicrous as my monitor is rubbish, but so far it's laughed at any games I've thrown its way. (Including Armed Assault, and Quake 4 on Ultra)

Things look pretty. :D

Advertisement