Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet ISP username and password

Options
  • 18-12-2006 11:08pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mines broadband adapter just stopped working. it appears to be locked up with all leds staying permanently lit, even after its plugged out and plugged back in.

He has another that he picked up but he needs the login details apparently

I am under the impression from him that Magnet use the one username and password for everyone, does anyone know what it is so he could just input it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

their bitstream product uses seperate usernames and passwords, e.g. user@magnetbusiness.ie - I'd suggest calling their support team, I'm sure they would sort you out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

flamegrill wrote:
    their bitstream product uses seperate usernames and passwords, e.g. user@magnetbusiness.ie - I'd suggest calling their support team, I'm sure they would sort you out.

He seems to recall the format slightly; being magnet4110 or something, does that format ring any bells with anyone

He's seems sure its not [EMAIL="user@magnet"]user@magnet[/EMAIL] though

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

yes its familiar, that is the format for the WEP encryption key, which is MAGNET0 + last 6 digits of the modems MAC address, with its SSID being MAGNET+4 digit Serial Number of Modem

Advertisement