Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Resident Opening Account

Options
  • 18-12-2006 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone here is a non resident who's had experience opening a bank account in Ireland? I hear it takes six weeks, is it true? I'm just curious as to how I could move, work and get paid whilst waiting so long for a bank account.

Thanks,

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm not sure why it would take 6 weeks, however you will need the same documentation as residents do (which includes proof of Irish address)..that might take a little longer to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

A letter from your employer will help. It won't take 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A lot of foreign nationals in my old work used letters from the boss because they needed a bank account for the wages to be deposited into. It didn't take that 6 weeks either.

Advertisement