Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Troubles

Options
  • 18-12-2006 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have registered domains with a website however I cannot seem to get access to my account to modify DNS details and the owner/operator of the website is not responding to any emails or phone calls. What can i do?

I will be moving away from this registrar so Im looking for suggestions for a new registrar and any help or info on the costs involved in moving domains etc would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

PDD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

If you have access to the admin-c email address, you could simply transfer the domain away, alternatively, go direct to the registry itself (do a whois lookup which will tell you where the domain was really registered as chances are this website is a reseller of a bigger operator)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You'll need to get the EPP code from the current registrar if you want to transfer the domain elsewhere. If the company you registered the domain with are a reseller of an ICANN accredited registrar you should be able to sidestep them if the domain's details are correct ie. you are listed as the registrant of the domain

Advertisement