Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invalid CD Key

• 18-12-2006 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I have a new pc from komplett and with it I got Xp sp2 oem. Thing is, when it comes to the part where I enter my cd-key, it says its invalid. I've tried reinstalling xp and I've double checked the cd key and still says not valid. Is it to komplett or MS I'm supposed to go?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

double check you aren't mistaking a B for an 8 - that's got me a few times

the sticker should have a part no and so should the CD - google might tell you if they are from diferent versions or different service pack levels , which might stop you installing. after that ring M$ - I can't find the number but try the one from the activation wizard..

at the very worst if you bought it in good faith and it looks genuine and rat out Komplett then microsoft will give you a free license :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

contact both microsoft and komplett and inform them both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

double check you aren't mistaking a B for an 8 - that's got me a few times

the sticker should have a part no and so should the CD - google might tell you if they are from diferent versions or different service pack levels , which might stop you installing. after that ring M$ - I can't find the number but try the one from the activation wizard..

at the very worst if you bought it in good faith and it looks genuine and rat out Komplett then microsoft will give you a free license :p

My money is with the Captin.. those B's really do look like 8s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

weeder wrote:
    contact both microsoft and komplett and inform them both
    why both? surely Komplett will sort it out with Microsoft for you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Jakkass wrote:
    why both? surely Komplett will sort it out with Microsoft for you.
    Komplett won't be able to do anything on the serial number side, if for example you want to try it over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No it was definately not a case of B's and 8's, but I got it sorted, didn't bother getting onto Komplett, but obviously whatever OS they installed wasn't the same as the disc they supplied was but it's ok now....thanks for the help lads.

Advertisement