Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's available?

• 19-12-2006 1:36am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Transfer speculation is heating up ATM with almost every clubs being linked to the January Transfer dash, but which players are actually for sale?

Im a Villa fan and the most linked players are James Milner and Defoe/Keane but with Keanes current injury and Newcastles injury crises are these players ones their respected clubs will be willing to part with.

Daren Bent is being linked to a more but he may suffer from the Andy Johnson syndrome, your club is relying solely on you to score the goals to keep them up and therefore you are giving a price-tag nobody will pay (even newcastle).

Shaun wright Phillips has publicly stated he doesent want to leave and chelsea dont want/need to sell to their opposition.

so really which playes can we not hope for, but expect a move from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I would be very surprised if SWP doesn't leave Chelsea. He needs to but going anywhere other than Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U or Middlesboro would seriously affect his England prospects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think Arsenal is the club for SWP. Wouldnt be surprised if he stayed at Chelsea though. Lucas Neill linked to Liverpool looks likely to happen.

As a Man Utd fan - Owen Hargreaves saga sure to continue, with Alex Ferguson probably bringing in another Djemba Djemba should it fall through. Silvestre and Wesley Brown could begin to squel at OT. Rossi maybe out to Sunderland on loan. Darren Bent and Reo Coker have also been linked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Chelsea are desperately in need of a 4th CB. Will be interesting to see who they get.

SofaKing wrote:
    Chelsea are desperately in need of a 4th CB. Will be interesting to see who they get.
    Pascal Cygan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, he does have CL experience...... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Upson, Curtis Davies and Bardsley are apparently Martin O'Neill's main targets along with a striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Trilla wrote:
    Pascal Cygan

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Striker and Centre Back for Chelski, no one for Liverpool or Arsenal, Man U are getting Dong Fan and a couple of others back from loan so with Larsson i dont think they will bring in any one.

Everyone else from there down will be looking for some changes - could be a very busy window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh and Teamtalk have this morning:
    Bayern Munich are finally "ready to listen to offers" for Owen Hargreaves after the midfielder again stated his wish to join Manchester United

sundula wrote:
    Man U are getting Dong Fan and a couple of others back from loan so with Larsson i dont think they will bring in any one.

United are getting a 4 strikers and a winger back (Smith, Dong, Rossi, Larsson and Park). They need a CM badly. Someone with a bit of bite. Fergie has also hinted that they could shock us again in the January Transfer market. I just hope its a good shock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hopefully SIlvestre and O'Shea are available. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Mathew Kilgallon and David Healy are both on their way to Premiership teams from Leeds in January. Why anyone in their right mind would want David Healy is beyond me because he is useless but supposedly Watford, Everton and Villa are all interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

is kilgallon any use these days? had a bright future ahead of him a couple of years back but that was probably coz he was a leeds youngster...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Call_me_al wrote:
    is kilgallon any use these days? had a bright future ahead of him a couple of years back but that was probably coz he was a leeds youngster...

He was very good last season but he has been pretty poor this season but tbh if you look at the rubbish he has playing beside him then you can se how someone will play badly. He is suffering from lack of confidence but their is no doubting the quality and potential of the lad, he wouldnt be starting for England U-21 if he was just average. Put good players beside him and he will be a very good player. I will be sad to see him go but he has got himself a "mysterious" injury which to us fans is blatantly obvious that he is never going to play for the club again.

Dont know who he is supposed to be going to though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Ben Watson, Tom Soares and Jobi McAnuff are my main concerns @ Palace.
    Watson has been scouted by Liverpool and Charlton (the Dowie era). I think we will loose one to fund the squad.

Each one of them is a PL class player playing in the wrong divison. It's only time before they're in the Premier Leage and Palace are in the...well...at least we're not as bad as Leeds this year. ;)

It's only time before they're in the Premier Leage and Palace are in the...well...at least we're not as bad as Leeds this year. ;)

Cheers :o

Advertisement