Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A - Mid Week Fixtuers

• 19-12-2006 10:06am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview

Wednesday, December 20, 2006
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    19:30 UK AC Milan v Catania Calcio Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
    19:30 UK Atalanta v Udinese Stadio Azzurri D`Italia
    19:30 UK Cagliari v Fiorentina Stadio San Elia
    19:30 UK Chievo Verona v Reggina Stadio Marc`Antonio Bentegodi
    19:30 UK Empoli v Siena Stadio Carlo Castellani
    19:30 UK Lazio v Inter Milan Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
    19:30 UK Messina v Parma Stadio G. Celeste
    19:30 UK Palermo v Ascoli Renzo Barbera
    19:30 UK Sampdoria v Livorno Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    19:30 UK Torino v Roma Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino

Inter have a tough game. Lazio were unreal against Roma last week but that could be the fact that it was the Derby Della Capital (exuse my Italian spelling!). Lazio have messed up Inters title hopes in the past but the form Inter are in it wll be hard to stop them.

Palermo will need to bounce back. If they dont its game over for them.

Roma to win.

Milan to lose. From what I've seen Catania are a decent team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I wonder who Roma fans will be cheering on in the Lazio-Inter match. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

eirebhoy wrote:
    I wonder who Roma fans will be cheering on in the Lazio-Inter match. :)

They'd probably just sit there an give loads to each team!

Inter have the league won now. Their 10th league win in a row. They've already won away to Roma, Milan, Palermo and now Lazio.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Good win for Inter. They havent beat Lazio away in about 10 years. Its poxy with another sending off. The amount of players getting sent off in Serie A this year is unreal.

Didnt Juve have a 10 point lead this time last year? They had a post Christmas slump and only won the league on the last day of the season. I dont think thats gona happen but it would be nice to the teams closer together at the end of the season but Inter to still win it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Inter really have no excuse for not winning it this year. Every other credible opponent has been handicapped - Juventus demoted, Fiorentina and Milan docked points, Roma barred from the transfer market - and the handicap further demoralises the players. They need to be 15-20 points in hand at the end of the season to look worthy IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Will the fact that the wont get much credit even if they do win it sap morale. I mean not only have all their rivals been stymied in some way , but they also managed to nab two of their former rivals best players

Ends in January

Edit: How did my reply go in before the question???

nipplenuts wrote:

Roma barred from the transfer market

I thought that had been lifted?

Just googled it

Italian Transfers

Chilean midfielder David Pizarro from Inter Milan; Defender Gilberto Martinez from Brescia Calcio; Goalkeeper Julio Sergio from Juventude; Midfielder Marco Cassetti from Lecce; Midfielder Max Tonetto from Sampdoria; Midfielder Ricardo Faty from Strasbourg; Serbian striker Mirko Vucinic on loan from Lecce; Brazilian defender Rodrigo Defendi on loan from Tottenham Hotspur; Goalkeeper Carlo Zotti from Ascoli, defender Matteo Ferrari from Everton, midfielder Gianluca Galasso from Ternana Calcio, midfielder Daniele Galloppa from Triestina - return after loan.

I didn't realise Roma had half those players. They certainly have a bit of strength in depth anyway. It's only in defence they're short.

Does anyone know about Gilberto Martinez and why he hasn't played all season?

btw - was Roma's first given to Totti or Mancini?

• Advertisement

I stand corrected, kearnsr, and bow to your superior knowledge ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4132106.stm

nipplenuts wrote:
    I stand corrected, kearnsr, and bow to your superior knowledge ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4132106.stm

I wouldnt call it superior! I took me a while to twig it but there was a few Inter - Roma dealings over the close season.

Roma have a decent squad. They just had a few games that they let get away from them such as the Lazio game

Roma have signed Tavano from Valencia on loan for the rest of the season. He's not eligible for the CL but it looks like Montella will be let go. Milan will probably go for Montella.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Roma have signed Tavano from Valencia on loan for the rest of the season. He's not eligible for the CL but it looks like Montella will be let go. Milan will probably go for Montella.

Havent seen that yet.

Milan defo need a Montella to score a few goals and he'll put him self about up front. A few of the other big teams would be interested as well I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Good win for Inter, that should be the tittle wrapped now, great to see Cambiasso back aswell. And nice to see Kaka back to his usual great self.

Advertisement