Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind Surf Gear

Options
  • 19-12-2006 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, Im looking for a bag for a wind surf board.
    Ive been to the great outdoors and they don't do them,they do only surf boards.
    what Im specifically looking for is a bag for
    Fanatic Shark 160 Board 268cm x 80cm!
    This is obviously a xmas pressie so a shop to walk into or v v quick delivery would be nice. Any idea's where I would get one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

My dad doesnt use bags so this may sound really stupid, but...

How about using a surfboard bag? Just maybe a size larger or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I was thinking that alright but was wondering would it be the same?
    The guy I talked to in shop made it clear there was a difference....... so Im guessing its not just the size, would there need to be more space for where to boom\sail goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

well, it depends. Me & my dad are the type people who would go to extreemes to make it work :D so maybe you shouldnt listen to us, but...

There are differences between surfboards and windsurf boards, Im not familiar with brands I just sail whatever Im given when Im back home. Generally the windsurf board is going to be thicker or wider and the fin at the back should be bigger.
    so Im guessing its not just the size, would there need to be more space for where to boom\sail goes?
    Sails come in their own bags afaik, we keep ours in different bags so its easier to find the right one. Im not sure I would put a boom into the bag with the board, but then what do I know, we have a van so everything goes in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JandS

Rattlehead,

Windsurfing board bags are thicker to allow for the extra volume of a windsurfing board (to float the rig). you will not find a surfboard bag to fit a windsurfing board

Board bags can be bought in Surfdock in Ringsend

(www.surfdock.ie 01-6683945)

Advertisement