Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boca Plate 6 Boardeax 1

• 19-12-2006 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd break the silence on this one - anyone want to write up a match report?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

tumbleweed3.jpg

I'll try and do one later.

If I can stomach it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Hard luck lads it should say
    Cheating Scum 6 - 1 Bourdeaux
    Any sending offs this time. Where they as dirty as the last match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Reganio 2 wrote:
    i sense a touch sour grapes,

unlucky lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Reganio 2 wrote:

Thought the match was a lot cleaner this time than the previous week. They had a yellow card (w/ sin bin in our league rules) for a couple of bad tackles but there were no punch ups on the pitch for once ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Just 'cos someone hammers 6 goals past us doesn't make them cheating scum. I don't really have anything constructive to add at this time.

Merry Chrimbo one and all.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Don't think we deserved to lose by 5 goals, we hit the self destruct button for one or two of them and our keeper was unlucky for one goal as well. I felt we came out after the break with a real hunger and put it up to them for a short spell.

We have to look on this as a learning experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, they weren’t really cheating scum, they were actually a very good side. Last week they were niggling at both of us strikers the whole game – that’s just stuff you have to deal with in many games, and if our centre-halves aren’t doing it, they should be doing at least some of it cos it’s part of the game. What’s not part of the game is the ref letting them away with it all – just as we expect it to get it, they expect the ref to pull them up on it every now and then instead of getting away with it all. They got away with it all and we got frustrated which led to the mill-up. That’s a result from their side, and, admittedly, poor form from me and Andy. It’s more a result of poor refereeing than them being cheating scum. Was surprised to see the Astro site claim that all the refs are qualified refs – the standard of reffing has been consistently poor, though the beardy fella is a good ref in fairness. But can’t really fault Boca Plate for their performance this week, couple of wild tackles but that’s about it.

All that said, it wasn’t right that I was watching from the sidelines as two players who threw punches at me last week (missed) were playing this week (and having a blinder in the case of the centre-half with the longish black hair), while I was sent-off despite throwing no punches. They should’ve been suspended too.

Summary of the game is we happened to come up against a very organized team at a time when we played our most disorganized football to date. Good chat in the dressing room after and everyone knows what’s required to improve. We do need to toughen up a bit across the board. Not saying we need to smash heads, but we can’t go on losing so many of those 50-50 tackles. We need to be more assertive to win the ball, and have more composure on it when we get it (in their half)….thing is that sounds a lot easier than it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Ref was poor, gave no protection to the players. One of them went through me for a shortcut with a slide to get the ball, ref just gave a free.
    That said though, they were a more organized team,not necessarily a lot better than us, just more organized. I'd like to think we could put a good game up to them the next time.
    I'd agree with what Jules said though above, we need to go into tackles and 50-50 balls with a lot more purpose and aggression (not dirty tackles, just hard but fair)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Someone really needs to call that ref aside before the next game and clarify the rules with him.

Other than that, I think its best we consign this match to memory, learn from our mistakes and come back stronger (and hopefully fitter) after the Christmas break and get back to winning ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Someone really needs to call that ref aside before the next game and clarify the rules with him.
    Yeah, I'll be doing that with any ref we get in future. Having a chat before the match about what he will and won't allow.

Fair play to the players for not reacting as they did the previous week, there were some wild tackles out there on Sunday - not as many, but some just as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Serbian

Quite appropriately, Astro.ie has the following ad on their site:

refereeswanted.gif

Serbian wrote:
    Quite appropriately, Astro.ie has the following ad on their site:

refereeswanted.gif
    That's meant to be:
    refereeswantednu0.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I miss one ****ing game!!!!!

:eek:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Savman wrote:
    Just 'cos someone hammers 6 goals past us doesn't make them cheating scum. I don't really have anything constructive to add at this time.

Merry Chrimbo one and all.:cool:
    I meant the last week were they got your strikers sent off which means alot and disrupts the midfield who are used to the strikers.
    Merry Christmas to you to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bad luck lads, keep the chins up. Hope ye are learning something from the defeats anyway and know what to expect in the future games. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Yeah the dressing room discussion really was spot on. Kudos to Neil I think who
    got the ball rolling.

Ill remember to take my inhaler before the game next time... :( I lived though.

Their back four where a decent enough bunch. Usual mouthing off but nothing
    serious.

It can be hard for the keeper when he has to wait for the ball to come through
    6 people who are 5 feet away before he can react.

I'm looking forward to a nice fitness session that was proposed in the dressing
    room. I'm definitely one who does no training mid week other than a footy match
    every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

Just thought I add my two cents to the discussion. The truth is they were a good team - if a bit dirty. I think its frustrating for all of us because we know there’s talent in our team. We all need to see each other play more. We need to know each others play inside out and be fit. I’ll be back playing in two / three weeks – injury! Nuff said lets beat them senseless but fairly next time.

Cheers,

Mikie.

Just wanted to let you know i'll be away skiing until the 8th Jan. Good luck in the match on the 7th! We beat them 3-0 last time we played, lets improve on that!

Advertisement