Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Valuation

Options
  • 19-12-2006 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Is there some sort of online motor valuation site around? I'm trying to flog my car and think I've overpriced it. I had a look at carzone and the like, but the range of prices is huge, plus it's mostly dealers on those sites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

CBG.ie have one but as they dont have very many cars and it one year specific it dosnt give avery accurate price if you are selling a saloon and there are coupé models in the range as well then the price is is raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

how about a look at your ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bw wrote:
    Is there some sort of online motor valuation site around? I'm trying to flog my car and think I've overpriced it. I had a look at carzone and the like, but the range of prices is huge, plus it's mostly dealers on those sites.

The thing with carzone.ie and cbg.ie is that there are alot of dealer "asking" prices on there. So alot of private sellers come along and see this and look for similar money. They do not take into account the overheads a dealer has, trade-in, warranty, etc and the price at which the car was actually sold at.

What kind of car are you selling? It could be that you have a model of car that may not be everyone's cup of tea so it may take longer to shift it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

how about a look at your ad?
    don't have an online ad at the moment. but car is a 2000 BMW 316i (apparently with a 318i engine). the e46 (saloon) model, 19" bmw allows/Dunlop tyres, 77k miles. Looks very nice, but i'm getting reports it's worth 12,000.. I was hoping for 14-15, or so..

Don't have a photo to hand, but I could upload a picture later if yez were interested - note for mods it's not a sneaky way of flogging the car here!!

[edit] looks similar to this one on carzone - only in black.
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=505960

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Speaking of flogging the car here, you could always stick it up on boards' sister site adverts.ie for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Yeah was planning to, but this close to Christmas I don't think anyone's buying cars, so I've left it for the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Throw it on www.manic-motorz.com aswell when you decide to advertise it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon putting it on carzone is a good idea.

Advertisement