Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midweek La Liga Fixtures

• 19-12-2006 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

Sure if Serie A can have one then I think the 3 horse race in La Liga very much deserves one, especially as this round features what has become Spain's most exciting game down the years - Barca v Atl. Madrid (for more details check out this thread). If Atletico Madrid beat Barca then you could argue it's a 4 horse race...

Preview

With Atletico Madrid being Barca's bogey team of late this is a great opportunity for Sevilla to wind up their magnificent year by asserting themselves at the summit of the table.

Tuesday
    Valencia - Mallorca - 9pm
    Athletic Bilbao - Zaragoza - 9pm

Wednesday
    Getafe - Espanyol - 8pm
    Gimnastic - Betis - 8pm
    Celta - Real Sociedad - 8pm
    Osasuna - Levante - 8pm
    Racing - Villarreal - 8pm
    Sevilla - Deportivo - 9pm
    Real Madrid - Recreativo - 10pm

Thursday
    Barcelona - Atletico de Madrid - 10pm

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kinaldo wrote:
    Sure if Serie A can have one then I think the 3 horse race in La Liga very much deserves one, especially as this round features what has become Spain's most exciting game down the years - Barca v Atl. Madrid (for more details check out this thread). If Atletico Madrid beat Barca then you could argue it's a 4 horse race...

Preview

With Atletico Madrid being Barca's bogey team of late this is a great opportunity for Sevilla to wind up their magnificent year by asserting themselves at the summit of the table.

Tuesday
    Valencia - Mallorca - 9pm
    Athletic Bilbao - Zaragoza - 9pm

Wednesday
    Getafe - Espanyol - 8pm
    Gimnastic - Betis - 8pm
    Celta - Real Sociedad - 8pm
    Osasuna - Levante - 8pm
    Racing - Villarreal - 8pm
    Sevilla - Deportivo - 9pm
    Real Madrid - Recreativo - 10pm

Thursday
    Barcelona - Atletico de Madrid - 10pm

Nice to see I inspired some one! Pity I know sweet F.A about spanish football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Athletic - Zaraoza was always going to be a tight game. After a great start, the cracks were beginning to appear at Zaragoza, and they'll be happy enough to prevent a defeat. Athletic had made a dramatic turnaround under Mane, but they don't have a great record against Zaragoza. With minutes to go, it's not surprising that the game is still 0-0.

Valencia - Mallorca was always going to be a routine home win. 3-0 and coasting, the signs are that Villa is back fit and Valencia are purring once again. Too bad for them the Christmas break comes next.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bateman wrote:
    Valencia - Mallorca was always going to be a routine home win. 3-0 and coasting, the signs are that Villa is back fit and Valencia are purring once again. Too bad for them the Christmas break comes next.

I thought Valencia were struggling of late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

kearnsr wrote:
    I thought Valencia were struggling of late
    They beat Deportivo 4-0 last week and their injured players are coming back to full fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Barcelona v Atletico will do very nicely tomorrow night :)

• Advertisement

kinaldo wrote:
    They beat Deportivo 4-0 last week and their injured players are coming back to full fitness.

Crap. They've Inter in the next round of the CL and the papers were saying they were on a poor run and they'd fancy Inter.

Just so nobody misses any action because of me, KO times listed above are CET not GMT!

Did anyone see the Madrid game last night? I can hardly believe that scoreline I don't really know what the hell happened but losing 3-0 at home there is almost a sackable offense by itself. I see Sevilla crushed Depor 4-0 with Kanoute adding another brace to his impressive tally so here's hoping they now go on to win it in the new year. Barca v Atl. Madrid tonight should be a cracker!

Winter break Sevilla clear at the top!

P_W_D_L_F_A_W_D_L_F_A_GD_PTS
    1 Sevilla_______16 8 0 0 21 4 4 1 3 14 11 20 37
    2 Barcelona_____15 6 2 0 19 4 4 2 1 15 8 22 34
    3 Real Madrid___16 4 2 2 11 8 6 0 2 15 6 12 32
    4 Atletico Madrid_16 4 1 3 10 8 4 3 1 11 4 9 28
    5 Real Zaragoza 16 5 1 2 16 7 3 2 3 12 11 10 27
    6 Valencia______16 6 1 1 17 4 2 2 4 6 11 8 27

Kanoute 3 clear of the chasing pack in the race for pichichi with 14 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Great series of results for Sevilla, still can't believe we replaced Fredi with Mido...:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement