Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porting question

• 19-12-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭

I'm on Meteor Bill Pay at the minute, but I'm thinking of getting the k800i on 3. Would I be able to port my 087 number to 3 even though it's on my Meteor bill phone? I'm under contract till August next year.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bennyx_o wrote:
    I'm on Meteor Bill Pay at the minute, but I'm thinking of getting the k800i on 3. Would I be able to port my 087 number to 3 even though it's on my Meteor bill phone? I'm under contract till August next year.

Cheers.

I ported my 087 meteor number to 02. Didnt seem to be a problem.

You may have a problem with your contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Yea, I ported from vodafone with no problems, but I was on RTG. I don't plan on canceling the contract on Meteor, just plan on changing it to the lowest tariff and let it run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Doubt if they'll let you out of the contract too easy - you might be forced to pay up the remainder. Otherwise porting the number will work - takes about an hour with 3.

Hmm, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

You can port out without cancelling your contract. Your Meteor bill account will remain active though unless you pay off the end of the contract....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Best to check with meteor, if you port they might look for you to pay out the remaining months in ytour contract
    #

So if I wanted to cancel my contract, I have to pay the monthly charge for each month remaining? I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

bennyx_o wrote:
    So if I wanted to cancel my contract, I have to pay the monthly charge for each month remaining? I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask them anyway.
    That's generally how it works bennyx_o, yeah.

Cool, thanks. I don't suppose they'd let me port my 087 number and issue me an 085 number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

bennyx_o wrote:
    Cool, thanks. I don't suppose they'd let me port my 087 number and issue me an 085 number?
    I know someone on Meteor who switched their prepay number onto their bill account and vice versa - it's worth asking. Then you could post your prepay number to another network.

• Advertisement

Sounds promising, cheers. :)

Advertisement