Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bell X1 sheet music - last minute Christmas present help needed!

Options
  • 19-12-2006 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for Bell X1 sheet music for my little sister for Christmas, any suggestions on where I can get it, (Cork preferably, Dublin a possability, or even online?)

Many thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

you could always ring Waltons [georges st] (01) 475-0661.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

If you scroll to about halfway down this page from the Royal Irish Academy, there's a list of loads of music retailers, so you could try a few of these that are close to where you live - one of them is bound to have it.

Otherwise have you tried Opus II? The Dublin one (on George's Street) has a pretty decent range of sheet music for pop bands - better than Waltons anyway. Waltons has a big range, but very little modern stuff.

There's an Opus II in Cork on Oliver Plunkett St, so you could try there - don't know if they do the same stuff as the Dublin shop but you'd presume so...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Virgin have quite a big rang of sheet music. Fairly sure I saw some Bell X1 the last time I was in one of their over-priced establishments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

BaZmO* wrote:
    Virgin have quite a big rang of sheet music. Fairly sure I saw some Bell X1 the last time I was in one of their over-priced establishments.

You sure? Not saying you're wrong, or 'owt, BaZmO, but I'd be most surprised at a 'minority' act like that having published sheet music. By 'minority', i mean, that they've not had the kind of exposure in the UK that would lead to a demand for a book of the album to be published...

i had a quick gander here at http://www.musicroom.com/?kbid=1180&sub=shoponline and it doesn't return any results; the odds are that their music publisher for Ireland is the same as the UK, so if there was something to be available i'd have thunk it'd show up...

I'm not 100% sure that they have Bell X1, but they certainly have tonnes of Sheet Music books. I've actually bought a few in there down through the years.

The first one I actually bought was The Stone Roses, and I've seen ones by Feeder and Parachutes by Coldplay (granted Coldplay are slightly bigger than Bell X1, but they certainly weren't at the time of Parachutes) and lots of others that I was surprised to see.

As I've said, I'm not guaranteeing that they definitely have Bell X1 but it's definitely worth a shot either popping in or giving them a bell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

BaZmO* wrote:
    I'm not 100% sure that they have Bell X1, but they certainly have tonnes of Sheet Music books. I've actually bought a few in there down through the years.

The first one I actually bought was The Stone Roses, and I've seen ones by Feeder and Parachutes by Coldplay (granted Coldplay are slightly bigger than Bell X1, but they certainly weren't at the time of Parachutes) and lots of others that I was surprised to see.

As I've said, I'm not guaranteeing that they definitely have Bell X1 but it's definitely worth a shot either popping in or giving them a bell.

Indeed.

to the OP, if your sister has a bit of an idea of the basic rudiments of music...say arpeggios if it's for the piano or just chords in general, then it's always worth a scout around on the likes of www.harmonycentral.com and www.e-chords.com to get her to a starting point. (goes without saying that googling bell x1 chords is a good start as well)

I know that sometimes it's nice to give the 'shiny new book' with the official arrangements of the tunes and the artwork and the moody pics of the band'n'stuff, but to be quite honest, as somebody who noodles about on the piano every now and then, the sort of stuff you'll pick out yourself, esp if you've a few chords to start you off, can be far better...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

The helpfulness of the people on boards never fails to impress me, many thanks to all.

Opus II was a great shout, many thanks stargal, but sadly they had never even heard of the publication, and doubted its existence.

Virgin turned over a similar result, as did Pro Musica, etc.

I'm still looking on line, thanks for the links.

I'm going to head to Dublin in a few days, so maybe I'll have better luck there.

Any further advice is always welcome,

many thanks again,

Stephen

I'll check in the Virgin that I "think" seen it in (The Square Tallaght) on my lunchbreak tomorrow. I'll be there anyway so it'll be no hassle.

Just back form Virgin and no joy. They had sheet music for everything from Lily Allen to Gorillaz to The Kaiser Chiefs but no Bell X1. :(

Advertisement