Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carling Cup Q/F's

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Halftimes, 0-0 in both.

Barcodes-Chelsea just kicked off for 2nd half.

Did Martins' shot cross the line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Les reed is a shocking manager. Cant believe they sacked dowie for him.

Spurs game looking like it's headed for ET.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Still 0-0

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Southend to lose the nerve in penos.

Bah!

Mike.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Jermaine defoe, he's a Yiddo
    Jermaine defoe, he's a Yiddo

Its over. Spurs less than brilliant and through anyway. Liverpool will take 'em! :)

Mike.

Spurs rested/had suspended 5 regulars tonight, including arguably our best 4 players. Berbatov came off the bench, but apparently spent the last few days in Bulgaria were he received the player of the year award. King, Lennon and Chimbonda were also out, and Tainio partnered Huddlestone instead of Zokora.

Southend were plucky, by the sounds of the commentary Sodje had a great game at CB despite carrying an injury from late in the 1st half of normal time.

Davids sounded poor when he replaced Tainio and Mido didn't sound too clever either.

• Advertisement

Actually, make that six regulars (if you count Lee as ahead of Ekotto in the pecking order, which he is...;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Did Martins' shot cross the line?

In a word NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I've never hated Chelsea more right now, Mourinho on the touchline doing the old booking gesture I wish he'd just **** off already and take Robben and Drogba with him. Ref was an absolute joke, probably intimidated by the ****ing special one so once again, well done Chelsea. Bunch of clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Nice to see that Chelsea dont have to take a free kick from where the foul took place. FFS, they moved it about 2 yards towards a better position, which made a hell of a lot of difference considering the acute angle they would have originally had.

And Mourinho is a tool.

They did what every other team in the world would do if they were allowed get away with it.

If the newcastle players had noticed themselves and complained it would of helped.

What was the final score in chelsea-newcastl game?Only seen the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

1-0 to Chelsea, Drogba came off the bench to get the winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Archimedes wrote:
    Nice to see that Chelsea dont have to take a free kick from where the foul took place. FFS, they moved it about 2 yards towards a better position,

Yeah of course Chelsea are the only team in the world that ever move the ball on from where the free was given!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

kinaldo wrote:
    Ref was an absolute joke, probably intimidated by the ****ing special one so once again, well done Chelsea. Bunch of clowns.

Not loving 2 defeats to a bunch of clowns in one week are you?

SCULLY wrote:
    Not loving 2 defeats to a bunch of clowns in one week are you?
    It's annoying losing to stupid late goals from their £24m sub each time but what can you do? Apparently Jose has a lot of injuries to deal with and his squad is very stretched of late... nice to have subs like Ballack, Lampard and Drogba though. I'm happy Newcastle gave a good account of themselves in each game. If I was a Chelsea fan it's hard to know what I would think, I'd probably stop watching football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

kinaldo wrote:
    It's annoying losing to stupid late goals from their £24m sub each time but what can you do?

Not give away stupid free kicks at the edge of the box might be a start.
    kinaldo wrote:
    Apparently Jose has a lot of injuries to deal with and his squad is very stretched of late... nice to have subs like Ballack, Lampard and Drogba though.

Chelsea do have a lot of injuries at the moment (e.g.Cole, Terry, Chec, Cudicini) but yes, it is nice to have the subs that you memtioned.
    kinaldo wrote:
    If I was a Chelsea fan it's hard to know what I would think, I'd probably stop watching football.

Of course you would......

• Advertisement

SCULLY wrote:
    Not give away stupid free kicks at the edge of the box might be a start.
    Dunno about that from what I saw it was another theatrical swan like dive from that ballerina in your team. I like how they managed to move the ball almost 4 yards closer I can only guess how the ref failed to notice that maybe he was distracted by Jose waving imaginary yellow cards at him...
    SCULLY wrote:
    Of course you would.....
    Even your own fans are.
    Originally Posted by iregk

I turned off at half time as it was a dire game

Read the follow up Kinaldo in the other thread. Its a shame you have such a bee in your bonnet about being beaten by Chelsea. Its not shame going out to the better team after all. Its nice when you can rest all that talent, after all we do have bigger fish to fry than the bicardi and coke cup.

iregk wrote:
    Read the follow up Kinaldo in the other thread. Its a shame you have such a bee in your bonnet about being beaten by Chelsea. Its not shame going out to the better team after all. Its nice when you can rest all that talent, after all we do have bigger fish to fry than the bicardi and coke cup.
    I can take being beaten by Chelsea no problem, I was well used to it pre-Abramovich and I never had a problem with Wise, Poyet and co. It's the manner of the defeat that leaves such a sour taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Archimedes wrote:
    Nice to see that Chelsea dont have to take a free kick from where the foul took place. FFS, they moved it about 2 yards towards a better position
    Are you talking about Ballack's pass?

I watched the highlights of the CC on ITV and the commentator sounded completely anti-Spurs. He was also slagging off Defoe at every opportunity and was annoyed that Defoe's offside goal was allowed to stand. Anyone know who it was?

Defoe was miles away from a deflected cross and he said something like:
    "Any striker with conviction would have got to that" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no but he annoyed the hell out of me

why have highlights on at 11pm on a weeknight
    ITV are arseholes imo

kinaldo wrote:
    I can take being beaten by Chelsea no problem, I was well used to it pre-Abramovich and I never had a problem with Wise, Poyet and co. It's the manner of the defeat that leaves such a sour taste.

What you lost 1-0 to a great free kick. Could well have been 1-0 up had Martins shot been another 3" in the right direction. Its not exactly as if it was a hard done by defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

kinaldo wrote:
    Dunno about that from what I saw it was another theatrical swan like dive from that ballerina in your team.

it was a foul, butt took the legs of him
    kinaldo wrote:
    I like how they managed to move the ball almost 4 yards closer I can only guess how the ref failed to notice that maybe he was distracted by Jose waving imaginary yellow cards at him...

this happens about 10 times a game, why the fuss now?

have newcastle never done it?

iregk wrote:

Its not exactly as if it was a hard done by defeat.

What does that mean? But for one shot and a great block by Hilarious from DIRE your lot didn't do enough to merit a win, not that Chelsea were any better but that's the beauty of a big squad the quality we have.

And playing at home and set up defensively is hardly the way Keegan would have set his team up and he wouldn't have waited to go 1 down to go 4-4-2 either.

If you want to win games you need to attack occasionally. ;)

event wrote:

it was a foul, butt took the legs of him

Too right it was and if you watch it again closely Solano also caught him.
    event wrote:

Rose tints and glasses come to mind ;)

event wrote:

Wow you're practically condoning that sort of behavior. I don't recall Roeder or any current Newcastle player doing that and if they did I'd be just as disgusted and critical.

Also, free kick yeah but ffs does he have to jump so high in the air? Another Robben moment in the second half after he go hit in the back by Solano he went down holding his face wtf was that about? Solano did well to restrain himself it was clear he was incredibly frustrated by it all.

• Advertisement

kinaldo wrote:
    Wow you're practically condoning that sort of behavior. I don't recall Roeder or any current Newcastle player doing that and if they did I'd be just as disgusted and critical.

Also, free kick yeah but ffs does he have to jump so high in the air? Another Robben moment in the second half after he go hit in the back by Solano he went down holding his face wtf was that about? Solano did well to restrain himself it was clear he was incredibly frustrated by it all.

See above post; Rose tints :rolleyes:

kinaldo wrote:

So what your saying is you don't remember any Newcastle player ever stealing a yard or two on a free kick!!!:rolleyes:

It seems to be kinaldo that your just bitter about being knocked out of another cup and by Chelsea at that. You must hate Drogba by now! You have gone from saying it was a dive, to actually admitting it was a free kick only to then be upset that they didn't take it exactly from the blade of grass where the foul was comitted! Come on will ya. Did Newcastle deserve to win it? As I said I didn't see the second half, apart from glimpses but the first half Newcastle played like an away team. 1 attack of any note and that was a 25 yard shot out of nothing!

Had newcastle battered Chelsea's defensive door down and got nothing out of it I'd have some sympathy for you. It seems your just annoyed that we can pull great players off the bench when needed and get the result without breaking a sweat.

Mad Dog wrote:
    See above post; Rose tints :rolleyes:
    So you do condone waving imaginary yellow cards at players

iregk wrote:
    Had newcastle battered Chelsea's defensive door down and got nothing out of it I'd have some sympathy for you. It seems your just annoyed that we can pull great players off the bench when needed and get the result without breaking a sweat.

You're right, they did absolutely nothing bar the Dyer chance in the second half(Chelsea owned the ball apart from that) which showed they had no ambition to try and outplay us and were trying to keep it tight I'd say in the hope of knocking us out on penalties. And then they come on here slating Chelsea yet again for winning by stealing 2 yards.

Get real :eek:

Mad Dog wrote:
    You're right, they did absolutely nothing bar the Dyer chance in the second half(Chelsea owned the ball apart from that) which showed they had no ambition to try and outplay us and were trying to keep it tight I'd say in the hope of knocking us out on penalties. And then they come on here slating Chelsea yet again for winning by stealing 2 yards.

Get real :eek:

Emre does it and Solano too and you forgot in your little rant about Emre diving on the edge of Chelsea's box in the 88th minute when he wasn't even touched and got a free for it too, did you hear us posting on here about that? NO !!

So get over it you lost and that's it :p

iregk wrote:
    So what your saying is you don't remember any Newcastle player ever stealing a yard or two on a free kick!!!:rolleyes:
    That's not what I was referring to.
    iregk wrote:
    It seems to be kinaldo that your just bitter about being knocked out of another cup and by Chelsea at that. You must hate Drogba by now! You have gone from saying it was a dive, to actually admitting it was a free kick only to then be upset that they didn't take it exactly from the blade of grass where the foul was comitted! Come on will ya. Did Newcastle deserve to win it? As I said I didn't see the second half, apart from glimpses but the first half Newcastle played like an away team. 1 attack of any note and that was a 25 yard shot out of nothing!

I'm harping on about Mourinho's imaginary card waving most off all. I admit it was a free kick but Robben was ridiculously theatrical so of course that annoys me. I blame the ref for the free kick position, but as I said, he was probably distracted / intimidated by Mourinho's touchline antics at that point.

With regards to the outcome, not much complaints. Martins hit the bar, Chelsea hit the post, and again late on. Martins was put clean through in the second half and really should have scored. Parker missed the follow up open goal and Dyer came close so we had enough chances to win but it was a close tight game.

I wasn't impressed with Roeder's tactics and substitutions either.

Mad Dog wrote:
    Emre does it and Solano too and you forgot in your little rant about Emre diving on the edge of Chelsea's box in the 88th minute when he wasn't even touched and got a free for it too, did you hear us posting on here about that? NO !!

So get over it you lost and that's it :p
    Every defense of your players is that others do it too. Why not just come out and criticise them or are you capable of criticising your own? I honestly didn't see Emre diving as I was watching it in a pub so it was hard to see but if he did then I'd be very disappointed because he's really one of my favourite players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

kinaldo wrote:

i was referring to the stealing a yard, not the imaginary yellow card wave. Got our wires crossed.

I agree he dives, and i remember that incident, should be ashamed, but it was a free for the goal

kinaldo wrote:
    I blame the ref for the free kick position.

Infairness none of the newcastle players seemed to notice the position of the free-kick had moved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Well Done Wycombe Wanderers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Was I imagining things or was the semi final draw on yesterday? I cant find any info anywhere.

Infairness none of the newcastle players seemed to notice the position of the free-kick had moved.

Roeder: "Nobby Solano said he asked the referee a number of times to move the ball to where the incident happened, and he refused to do that.

"There is no doubt about it, four yards is a big distance to open up an angle on a shot.

"Although it was a great goal - it was a fantastic strike - you do not beat Shay Given very easily. But if it is taken from where it should be taken, I do not believe Drogba can beat Shay Given.

"I'm disappointed in the referee, whose job it is to make sure the kick is taken from the correct place."

http://www.nufc.com/2006-07html/2006-12-20chelsea-ccc-h.html

Stekelly wrote:
    Was I imagining things or was the semi final draw on yesterday? I cant find any info anywhere.

Draw is on today ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That would be why i cant find anything so. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I think Soccer Saturday are showing it live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Wycombe -v- Chelsea,
    Spurs -v- Pool/Arsenal

Not mad on that draw for Spurs, mainly cos I've no idea when the two ties will be...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ah that sucks for Wycombe, they'll have a very hard time against Chelsea. Against Spurs or even Pool/Arsenal they have some tiny chance, but with Chelsea nothing, ah well :/

Advertisement