Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Car Wash

Options
  • 19-12-2006 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey,

Have the old NCT test tomorrow and wanted to get the car washed with the underbody wash aswell.
    Does anyone know of one around Finglas etc?

Cheers,
    J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago. Unless you've been off roading in the car I wouldn't be bothered washing the underside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

This might help?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054872268&referrerid=&highlight=NCT+carwash

As long as your car has not been used as a farm-type vehicle, you might not need the underbody washed.
    If it's just had regular use on the roads it won't be too bad, this 'rule' is really to target site workers/farm vehicles and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

homerjk wrote:
    Hey,

Have the old NCT test tomorrow and wanted to get the car washed with the underbody wash aswell.
    Does anyone know of one around Finglas etc?

Cheers,
    J.
    I get my car washed by guys with powerhoses at Roselawn SC in Blanch. I've seen on the sign they have up that they do do an NCT (underbody) wash too. Not sure of the exact price, but the regular wash is €7

Might be of use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Yeah i agree, no need for washing the underside of the car unless you have been driving around the likes of North Tipp roads...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Cheers lads, I did do a boards search but I got a load of other NCT stuff, apologies.

Well I have been driving the back-roads between Finglas and blanch a lot recently where there has been a lot of muck on the road (you cant see my back number plate!) so I think I might get it done to be safe.
    Will check the roselawn one, thanks Kaiser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement