Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austin 316

• 19-12-2006 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Will he ever come back to the ring. I know he is doing some films, but has anyone got info about him coming back as a special guest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

He'll prob be back around WrestleMania time to do some promo work for his new film. But I wouldn't count on him coming back to the ring any time soon! He has said he might work one more match if the storyline is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I think Hogan wants to do a match with him.
    Can't see it happening tbh and don't know if i'd even want to!
    I'm a huge Austin fan but it can't/shouldn't go on forever (Look at Flair, Jim Duggan, Taker and to a lesser extent Angle).

I'll just have to be content watching his old stuff.
    Ah. The memories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The days of Stone Cold wrasslin are long gone. Like someone mentioned, he appears willing to have one more match, which would be great as a send off but, I don't think people should look forward to it as being classic Austin 3:16. Austin was at his most entretaining when he was the star of the company and Raw would essentially revolve around him. However, as he won't be able to wrestle long term, Vince isn't going to give him that kind of platform as long term, Austin is not the future (or even present) of the company. Without that kind of platform, I really think Austin can't be, to a proper extent, what we all loved him for.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Austin and would love to see him go one more match (not Hogan though) so the fans can give him a proper send off. Ideally, I would love to see him wrestle his last match at a 'Mania, held in Texas, in one of their big ass stadiums, going up against Bret, Rock or HBK. Obviously only 2 of those people are possibilities, with Rock being Vince's likely choice. The only way I would like to see him go against Hogan is if he gets, not only a clean win, but beats the wholly hell out of him, and, gets to pull all the pranks he used to pull on Vince, on Hogan, in the buildup up to the match. Franky, I don't think Hogan is going to let that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Personally I think if Austin was to have one more match it would have to be against the man I was the biggest mark for: Bret Hart. Neither man got the sending off they desreved and this could be the way to do it. It would be great if they had a 30 minute time limit draw and afterwards they got up and shook hands and that was it. I would go nuts for that! Of course it is all a fantasy though because chances are it'll never happen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

chances are it'll never happen :(

Not just chances, it's fact that it'll never happen. Bret's never wrestling again. That's just the way it is, physically and emotionally for him

There were plans for a Hogan/Austin match, mainly instigated by Hogan, there was a lot of talk about it earlier this year. But Austin wasn't interested in it. Personally, I don't think he actually will ever wrestle again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Can ye imagine the ego clash for that one. Neither would want to put the other over :mad:

That was one of the many stories that came out of it. I mean, we all know Hogan and how he likes to win. And Austin himself believes that he's a bigger star than Hogan, so in match between the two (which would be seen as an indicator of who was the more successful wrestler), there was no way Austin would have jobbed to Hogan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fozzy wrote:
    That was one of the many stories that came out of it. I mean, we all know Hogan and how he likes to win. And Austin himself believes that he's a bigger star than Hogan, so in match between the two (which would be seen as an indicator of who was the more successful wrestler), there was no way Austin would have jobbed to Hogan

That's the big problem here.

Austin was the biggest draw in wrestling for about four or five years.

Hogan on the other hand was the biggest draw for at least fifteen and still draws well today.

If this were to happen, Austin should do the job in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I've said this before but I'll say it again.

The finish should be Hogan Hulks up, Austin kicks him in the nuts, stunners him one, two three.

The finish should be Hogan Hulks up, Austin kicks him in the nuts, stunners him one, two three.

I'd watch it if I knew that was going to be the finish, otherwise I just don't know if I could risk it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 D.....

Some good comments, I don't think anyone can say without a doth that he was the most entertaining star for a long time. I stopped watching WWE when he went. I agree that he should be giving the send off he deserves. Would like to see something with him and DX maybe at Mania. The **** he pulled with the MC Manon's was just class.

D..... wrote:
    Would like to see something with him and DX maybe at Mania.

DX of old, definitley. DX of today, definitley not. They are a disgrace to all things rowdy and juvenile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

I've said this before but I'll say it again.

damn straight!

Fozzy wrote:
    Not just chances, it's fact that it'll never happen. Bret's never wrestling again. That's just the way it is, physically and emotionally for him
    Just one thing for you to consider Fozzy: Shawn Micheals. If we were back in 98' or 99' and I said I would like to see a Shawn Micheals Vs. Mr. X in a match just as a way of giving him a good send off, chances are you would have given me the same response that you gave me there about Bret. I'm not saying that Bret is gonna come back and have a run for several years, I'm just saying that there is a very very small outside chance that he may have a final match somewhere down the line. You just never know these things. Bret might be presented an offer that to him makes sense financially and in a way that makes sense to how his character should be treated.

Now about that whole 'thats just the way it is, phisically and emotionally for him' line. How do you know Bret's emotional state?! Are you two pals or something? I'm going to assume for now that your not, so please don't go on as if you know him and are well aware of his emotional state. Its really annoying when people go on as if they know wrestlers and exactly how they feel. For all we know Bret might have watched Armageddon on sunday and said to himself 'Good jaysus that was a deadly ladder match. Kinda reminds me of the good auld days. Hey, maybe I could have a small match with somebody at mania. Could get a few bob.'

Remember though that I do acknoledge that yes it is more than likely that it won't happen.

Bret has always been a very honest person, and he has said that it took him a very long time to accept that he won't ever wrestle again, but he has and he is now comfortable with that decision. If it was anyone else I couldn't be so certain, but with Bret, there is absolutely no chance he's going to ever wrestle again. It's not a matter of him suddenly thinking "oh, that could be fun, having another match", because he said that that's the way he felt for a long time, until he was able to accept that he can't

And from an interview a couple of weeks ago with him:
    His recovery hasn't been 100%. He still experiences weakness on his left side and a limp when the weather turns cold, which means he will never ever wrestle again.

"I did everything I could do in the ring, I don't know what else I could have done," he says without a hint of bitterness or regret.

"I've lived a couple lifetimes," he jokes. "I always wanted to get out of wrestling when I was in it, but I had a hard time quitting. I had to go through what I went through to break away. And I'm glad because I love what I'm doing now. And I'm not bad at it either."

"And I'm glad because I love what I'm doing now. And I'm not bad at it either."
    Unfortunatly what I think he's talking about there is his role in certain panto called alladin. I went to see the phantom of the opera in vancouver during the summer and it was being advertised in the program.

Anyways, that quote you have up there from Bret: fair enough. Maybe, just maybe he'll even come back as some sort of on screen personality in a year or two. That has more of a chance of happening especially if the price is right.

I'm absolutely certain he won't come back. He doesn't seem to be interested in the money at all. Think about it, he could have made a small fortune for the Hall of Fame thing, but he refused to be paid by WWE. That was his way of saying goodbye and good luck. He said recently that on the day of WM, Vince called him and "ordered" him to show up at WM. Bret said he was already on his way to the airport because he wouldn't be able to take part in a wrestling event like that if he couldn't wrestle

And why do you say "unfortunately"? It is Aladdin that he's talking about, but he's obviously very happy with doing it. You can't look at it as a step down from wrestling, because it's not his choice, he physically can't wrestle

There are ALOT worse things that could happen to you post wrestling than doing a pantomine. Pre-mature death, alcohol and drug addiction is a feature for way too many of them. I think I'd prefer to be Aladin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Was Edge married to his sister??

Keith C wrote:
    Was Edge married to his sister??

No, but I'm pretty sure he married Val Venis's sister.

• Advertisement

Edge being mariied to his sister, now that would be Rated R! :D

By the way dickmcsavage, what part of Vancouver were you in?

Advertisement