Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

It's back! Top Gear, Jan 28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. read a week or two back that Hammond will be on Jonathon Ross this Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Correct-a-mundo, no doubt he'll get the p!ss ripped out of him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

what channel is Jonathon Ross on and at what time.thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Friday evening on BBC1 around 11 o clock, check out BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

ciarsd wrote:
    no doubt he'll get the p!ss ripped out of him :D

Well considering Rossy's treatment of Madonna at the British Comedy Awards...
    "...and congratulations on your little black baby..."

or his statements on Heather McCarthy...
    "Heather McCarthy? What a f****** liar! Next we'll find out she isn't even handicapped!"

...we can expect just about anything!

I wonder what song the 4 poofs will sing for his intro? My money is on Elton John: 'Rocket Man'!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

kluivert wrote:
    Friday evening on BBC1 around 11 o clock, check out BBC.
    Thanks now i know its on BBC i will check out the time.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Am I the only one here who thinks Top Gear is utter utter Crud.

The longer it goes on the less it has to do with cars and the more it has to do with bullcrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

BnA wrote:
    Am I the only one here who thinks Top Gear is utter utter Crud.

The longer it goes on the less it has to do with cars and the more it has to do with bullcrap.
    True, it's getting worse. Still though, as little info as they give on cars, it's better than alternative TV viewing!!!
    I mean come on... Coronation crap, crapenders, crappy city, big brothers crap, x-crap factor, I'm a crap-artist get me outta this crap.... pure and utter rubbish.
    Top Gear has a long way to go before I won't watch it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Very true Biro, very ture

It is indeed a long way down the carptometer in terms of general tv viewing.

But it is not one of the better Motoring programs.

I watched the Garage last night on Discovery for the first time. I know it's been running for years but I never really bothered watching it as I thought it would be the usual Reality TV big Ego'ed twat's. But I though it was fairly good. If you ignore yer man who owns the garage the rest of them are alright. And it was interesting to see the cars coming in with problems and see how they go about diagnosing and fixing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Top Gear is Sunday night fun nothing more - it does what it does very well.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Agreed with Mike. Personally I think Clarkson and the boys are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

drdre wrote:
    Thanks now i know its on BBC i will check out the time.thanks

BBC1, 10:35pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I'm deffo looking forward to TopGear being back on the telly. Like most said, it's more for the wit of the presenters that the program actually giving informed info on cars! I wouldn't imagine to many viewers will have the dilemma of choosing between several supercars, but it's very nice eye candy.

Roll on the 28th!!!!!!!!! :D

BnA wrote:
    Very true Biro, very ture

It is indeed a long way down the carptometer in terms of general tv viewing.

But it is not one of the better Motoring programs.

I watched the Garage last night on Discovery for the first time. I know it's been running for years but I never really bothered watching it as I thought it would be the usual Reality TV big Ego'ed twat's. But I though it was fairly good. If you ignore yer man who owns the garage the rest of them are alright. And it was interesting to see the cars coming in with problems and see how they go about diagnosing and fixing them.

Yeah I only recently discovered the garage and i quite like it for the technical stuff. Sometimes it is like Ibiza uncovered with cars which I like not so much.

I can't believe that Top Gear is being compared with the Garage!! :D

It's a long running, quite successful award winning show, versus a bunch of p!ss heads who butcher up cars for a living. They're more interested in the work nights out and the girls working at the garage...

How many times have cars come back for a re-repair of a repair they've done? or of cars they send onto another garage as they haven't got a notion on diagnosing the problem?!

I'm a follower of one and a casual viewer to the other, but ye can't compare them for the love of god! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

mike65 wrote:
    Top Gear is Sunday night fun nothing more - it does what it does very well.

Mike.

yeah its not all about cars

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I hope they do i a review of the bugatti, i'd love to know the track time of it, 1.15 Im guessing.

They did have the Veyron on already on a road trip. Although they were not allowed to take it on track..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

ciarsd wrote:
    They did have the Veyron on already on a road trip. Although they were not allowed to take it on track..
    Yeah i saw that, a more indept review would be nice and a go around the track!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

It was ment to be a pig on the track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Am I the only one who doesn't get excited by the Bugatti? Fair enough it's fast and expensive etc. but has it got any charisma?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

basquille wrote:
    Yeah.. read a week or two back that Hammond will be on Jonathon Ross this Friday night.
    Thanks for the headsup. I have stopped watching JR recently, but I've added it to my Sky personal planner in case I forget!

Great to hear TG is coming back also. It's nice to have something entertaining to watch on an otherwise crappy Sunday evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Top Gear is probably the best made programme on television, the people behind the scenes just do an awesome awesome job. I bet a hell of a lot of money goes into that programme!!

colm_mcm wrote:
    Am I the only one who doesn't get excited by the Bugatti? Fair enough it's fast and expensive etc. but has it got any charisma?

See where you are coming from. Personally, the car and its looks dont really impress me - the engineering does however, hence my own personal attraction towards it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

colm_mcm wrote:

I don't like it. I think the GT40 is so much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Plug wrote:
    Yeah i saw that, a more indept review would be nice and a go around the track!
    You thinking of buying one? :p

colm_mcm wrote:
    0-60 in 2.4 seconds... think about it... think harder! There are about two roller coasters in the UK that just about exceed this acceleration... worth a try to experience what it's capable of. Does it really need charisma?
    At the end of the day, did the McLaren F1 have any? I do see your point, but any car that can let the McLaren F1 get to 124mph before it sets off from rest and still reach 200mph first deserves massive respect!
    Besides, if you can afford a Veyron, you can afford a charismatic car for the weekdays!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yeah, but isn't it a bit like a premiership football team being taken over by a russian billionaire and having endless amounts of money pumped into it to make it better. I mean there's nothing magical about that, it's just a case of throwing enough money at something to make it happen. German money incidentally.

colm_mcm wrote:
    yeah, but isn't it a bit like a premiership football team being taken over by a russian billionaire and having endless amounts of money pumped into it to make it better. I mean there's nothing magical about that, it's just a case of throwing enough money at something to make it happen. German money incidentally.
    True, and I don't follow football, but don't United do the same thing really? Buy the best players? The only difference is that they built up the team and earned the money, but it's still money thats being spent, regardless where it came from.
    It's an interesting arguement for sure.... but lets say for example, that VW hired all the Ferrari mechanics and engineers etc to build the Veyron... people would still say "Ah it has no soul like a Ferrari has..."
    I do see your point though. Still, no matter how soul-less it is, the sheer power would be something to behold!

• Advertisement
Advertisement