Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So many stickies!

Options
  • 19-12-2006 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to reorganise Boards so that stickies only appear on the first page of each forum?

Some fora seem to have a lot of stickies and so cut down on the number of threads which appear on the page. This is just made worse (imho) by having the stickies appear on every subsequent page and could possibly explain why people dont' bother reading through a forum before posting a new thread on old topics.

Any thoughts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

My first thought is that i've seen quite a few threads suggesting this in the past and it hasnt happened yet.

I dont have a second thought ......

A partial solution would be looking over whether the stickies are required (or if they could be compacted into a smaller number of 'em).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i suppose some sort of tick this box to indicate you have read everything on the main page?
    ofcoarse not many will read it so it will increase bannings and mods work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Its the first time I have seen the questions asked this way and the simple answer is Yes, and its does not require a reorganisation of any sort:)

I will do it shortly and we can see how it goes.

Perhaps I am being cynical, but I have seen the same question asked 3 times on the same page before:) so I dont think it will have much impact on multiple posts on the same topic, however it should improve the "browsing experience" on those forums with lots of stickies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

On a similiar topic, the number of stickies in some forums need to be tagged back. Some stickies have only one post and are locked, why not combine some of these

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Combining (where possible) stickies is a good idea IMO. I think a new user who enters a forum to see 5 or 6 stickies saying "read me, important, etc" is likely to ignore them all and just start posting.

Advertisement