Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for feedback from Magnet (ADSL2+) customers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

JNive wrote:
    Route above goes Cork->waterford->dublin along the ESB network from the looks of things
    You ping boards.ie faster from Cork than I do in Dublin! :eek:
    JNive wrote:
    Not bad at all, however its pretty clear that any addition to the ping base level is a result of interleaving, might get on to them and see if there is any chance of getting interleaving turned on to low, which would shave about 15-20ms off the pings.
    I think I'll give them a ring this evening and ask them. I've got nothing to lose but some milliseconds! ;)
    I also have to ask them where's the letter they were supposed to send me so I can give them my bank details... unless they don't want to get paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

well, if interleaving is reduced its liekly that the conenction speed may need to get reduced also or else it could result in very unstable speeds, but you'll find that out afterwards anyways lol.

Also i signed up with a credit card so no bank details :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

JNive wrote:
    well, if interleaving is reduced its liekly that the conenction speed may need to get reduced also or else it could result in very unstable speeds, but you'll find that out afterwards anyways lol.
    Well, rang them up and they told me it was not possible to do anything to reduce my ping...
    JNive wrote:
    Also i signed up with a credit card so no bank details :-)
    I gave them my bank details over the phone. They said I'll receive a bill at the end of the month. They also said I'm being billed from the 9th January so it's all free at the moment! :D

Advertisement