Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a new phone while under contract

• 19-12-2006 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before (the search doesn't seem to be working for me right now).

I'm on pay monthly with vodafone, not due an upgrade yet as far as I know, but I'd like to buy a new phone off them and use it instead of my current one. I don't know what the situation is with doing this while on bill though. Do I have to wait for an upgrade? Or can I just walk into a voda shop and buy the phone I want for the usual bill price?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You have a couple of options.

- check first with Vodafone to make sure you're not due an upgrade!
    - buy a Vodafone RTG phone and put your SIM card into it. (proberly the best option for max compatibility with Vodafones network
    - buy a Prepay phone from another network and get it unlocked.
    - buy a phone SIM FREE and use that.

In each case you'll need to configure the handset for MMS and GPRS, but this is NO BIG DEAL and shouldn't put you off buying a new handset. Do note that Vodafone Live sometimes restricts you to handsets that Vodafone sell, if you wanna avail of mobile tv etc.

Advertisement