Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryan air and 3v creidt card problems!

Options
  • 19-12-2006 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

I just got this and bought a E50 credit note went to buy the flight which was E40 every thing went fine till the end.It looked like I was gettign the flight but at the end it said error.
    I then checked my balance and it was debited out of my account I then rang 3V and they said they were having problems with ryanair and all I had to do was ring them and tell them to go back to the first transaction and give them this code, I then rang ryanair waited for 25 minutes to talk to this ***hole who just keep on telling me to do it again and said that they didnt take my money when I could see for my self they did, would not listen and then either hung up or got cut off.

Anyway I spent allot of money ringing ryanair and I dont want to waste it all again so I was wondering as one gone through the same process before or know what to say to these guys ,cos it seems they just dont want to know.

Sorry if this was in the wrong board but I dont know whre else to put it.

james

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH, please make a note of it for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think normally with credit cards it takes about 3 days for a failed transaction such as this one to be refunded to your card, so perhaps it'll be the same with the 3V voucher. That doesn't help you much if you're looking to book the flight now but I think that's generally how the credit card system works.

I'd say it's fairly typical of Ryanair not to care. The guy you were talking to probably hadn't got a clue what a 3V voucher is or how it works with cash up front and all that. He could be right that they don't actually have your money, it's in credit card limbo, and should return to you in a few days. I'm surprised that the 3V people couldn't tell you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

To be honest I thought the 3v where very helpfull , no que on the phone and tried to explain it , I rang them again and they said that ryanair dont actually have my money but ryanair are blocking them selves from accepting it (if thats makes sence?)

Ryanair said that they will be sending back the money tonight at 12.01 and to try then, but i think ill wait till tommorrow when i am on the phone with them.Ryanair said that there admin department know about the problem and are trying to fix it (not sure to believe this but i am hopeing).

I found 3V to be good ,I just bought something else in the uk and it worked ,ryanair should sort out this out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

hi just tried to book flights using a 3v voucher and ryanair gave me this responce "Due to system restrictions Ryanair are currently unable to accept all Solo cards as payment. If your Solo card is not authorised please use an alternative form of payment."

so i tried calling ryanair...told called the 1570 224499 .... €1.75 so i did got a constant engaged tone... eventually got through to a customer service guy who told my the dont accept 3v anymore. the dont accept laser either....what a bunch of tossers..not all ppl have or want credit cards...why hang more debt around our necks when we dont need to.

so basically dont buy 3v cards to use with ryanair it doesnt work.

Advertisement