Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Physics Help...Please

Options
  • 19-12-2006 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so Christmas exam tomorrow morning, and I know ere getting some Past Paper questions. These are bits of various questions taken from the 2006 Ordinary Level papers, so any help(ie. answers) would be very helpful

Q.5, p. 104
      State Ohms Law?

I already have that the currant flowing through a wire is proportional to the potential difference across it. But my teacher has put in provided after it. What is the next bit Im missing?

Q.6 p.105
      Explain the term acceleration due to gravity?

I know it has something to do with 9.8 m/s, but its more how do you word it
      Why is an astronauts weight greater on EArth that on the moon?

Q.7 p.106
      Why is insulation used to surround the bricks? Name a material that could be used as insulation?

This is the question about a storage heater

Ok, that is all for now. Answers to any of them would help greatly. As you can see, Im quite bad at this blasted subject.

PS. Last exam, WOooooo. Holidays begin at half 11 tomorrow morning. Happy Christmas to all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah i had my honours xmas exam today and it was all on electricity. For your first question, i think the answer you have is fine, just make sure you put the definition in symbols at the end, i.e I "proportional symbol" to V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

5 - Provided temperature remains constant, iirc.
    6 - Personally I'd say the rate at which a falling object accelerates due to the force of gravity...dunno if that's right. And then just that the moon has less mass, therefore less gravitational force.
    7 - So the heat is released slower, I'd assume. And anything could be used as insulation, really. Like FLUFF!

Good Luck with the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cheers lads, now to go off and actually learn them. Fluff...bet ya if it comes up I'll put it down, only thing I will think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

Mushy wrote:
    Ok, so Christmas exam tomorrow morning, and I know ere getting some Past Paper questions. These are bits of various questions taken from the 2006 Ordinary Level papers, so any help(ie. answers) would be very helpful

Q.5, p. 104
      State Ohms Law?

I already have that the currant flowing through a wire is proportional to the potential difference across it. But my teacher has put in provided after it. What is the next bit Im missing?

Q.6 p.105
      Explain the term acceleration due to gravity?

I know it has something to do with 9.8 m/s, but its more how do you word it
      Why is an astronauts weight greater on EArth that on the moon?

Q.7 p.106
      Why is insulation used to surround the bricks? Name a material that could be used as insulation?

This is the question about a storage heater

Ok, that is all for now. Answers to any of them would help greatly. As you can see, Im quite bad at this blasted subject.

PS. Last exam, WOooooo. Holidays begin at half 11 tomorrow morning. Happy Christmas to all

i know this is a tad late but hopefully in case these questions come up in the lc you will know,
    5: tbh if you just say the V=IR and you state what each symbol means you will get all the marks, or at least you got all the marks in last years exam paper for doing that(my lc year)
    6:(i)gravitational field caused by a body at a particular point in space or more commanly used is the acceleration that the earth has on a freefalling object in a vacuum at the earths surface
    (ii) because the moon has a small mass therefore less gravity pulling him to the surface
    hope any of this helps!
    7:insulation is used to prevent heat loss as much as is possible
    a good insulator is polystyrene(insulator used in most buildings in the world)

Advertisement