Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Looking good,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mark Wojton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

that skatepark is gonna be ****ing amazing!!!! :D when exactly will it be built by does anyone know? :) How do you get out to greystones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

I used ta live there before it went to ****. In 2003 I skated all over Greystones all summer.It was cool even though there was no park.I'm stoked that I can take up skating again when this park opens.Beats going to BP and Lucan and God knows where else just to skate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

sorry tobe off topic but does anyone know the situation on the supposed skatepark in shantall, galway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

how's greystones coming along? I tried to find the park the other night but it got too dark and jackie skelly's gym was freaking me out...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AJG

They've started concreting the shallow end of the bowl and a section in the snake run. They've built a 6 foot quarter in the bottom section and layed out the pyramid section. Its starting to look like a skatepark. I'll let you know the grand opening date which is tbc but I would say at least 5-6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Cant wait to skate it! Wheni s this beauty opening??? Is it skateable?? Are we allowed?? PLEASE...its actually closer to me than bushy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pawsome

That looks insane! Thats gotta be the best bowl in ireland for sure! Do you just get the dart out to greystones then? and how far it it to get from where it stops to the actual skatepark? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AJG

Just gave it a test run and although only 2/3 complete would have to say it is the best bowl in Ireland. Opening around the 21st of April, I'll let you know if there's any changes.

• Advertisement

Visited the site yesterday. Didnt get to skate it cos the lads who were working there said their boss was coming back shortly!!!
    Great bowl, and the other sections are coming on well! This place is going to be sh*t fast! Here are some more pics!
    Later

Pawsome wrote:
    how far it it to get from where it stops to the actual skatepark? :D

I'd say its a good 25min walk from the dart station. Take a left when you come out of the dart station and stay on the main road, take the first left off the roundabout and its about 3/4 mile from their!!! Look out for Jackiie Skellys gym!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pawsome

kay, thanks kenjd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

well thats a fun skatepark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

looks sweet

dont think anyone can use the skatepark now untill the official opening. I suppose it is to expected as it is still a building site. i dont think people will have a problem waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 blade101

this is my prayers answered! Heard there was a skatepark ment to be opening, I rememeber signing a petition in ramp n rail and g1 about 8 years ago! Been outta the loop now about the same amount of time and am looking to get fit again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

any one know when the opening is ?

AJG wrote:
    Opening around the 21st of April
    i think that is farely set

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭boarderco

i hope you all like steep transitions! have fun and ya mite need a helmet for that big bowl! its already drawn bloody and broken people! an interesting skate alrite. street coarse nai finished yet.
    happy skating on opening day! 34 week in april.
    w

www.boardercoeire.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Official opening april 21st I hear,can anyone confirm this?

confirmed. bands and bbq

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

their was a kid skating up that direction a couple of weeks back - not in the park, but near it. Anyway - he managed to brake his leg. My mate and his dad happened upon the scene about 10 minutes after the incident and found some woman trying to heal his aura as the pain was all in his mind....my mates dad told her to shove off and helped sort the kid out (trained in first aid and the like).

So....if you are heading to this park, becareful of yourself, you don't know what help you might recieve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

This place will be a bone factory! Skated it briefly at the weekend - stoked on the bowl, even though I rarely skate terrain like that...

luapenak wrote:
    confirmed. bands and bbq

Might head up probably on me tod.I'd say it's going to be hectik as every bmxer in the country is going and heading to the Belfast street comp the next day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

what time will it be open on saturday, where is it relative to the train station and helmets required?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

wideangle wrote:
    every bmxer in the country is going and heading to the Belfast street comp the next day!!

I know bout 2 people going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CBlader

Does Any1 know if rollerblades are allowed in the park?

segasega wrote:
    I know bout 2 people going?

Well Pete4130 says he is going and there are supposed to be lots more,I suppose it depends how the heads are after the Greystones opening
    session(s).

• Advertisement

CBlader wrote:
    Does Any1 know if rollerblades are allowed in the park?
    Yes
    just dont wax stuff

Advertisement