Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AJG

I wouldn't bother ringing Jackie Skelly's because the parks run by the council and they are a private gym. Unfortunately I don't have the number for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

yeh but the council pay them to run it because the astro turf pitches are run by the reception as well

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

AJG wrote:
    I wouldn't bother ringing Jackie Skelly's because the parks run by the council and they are a private gym. Unfortunately I don't have the number for them.

I used to deal with Deirdre Whitfield on the Wicklow Co. Council 0404 20204.

she may still be over the project but ringing the council and asking for the parks department or community and enterprise, u shud be able to get all the info u need

g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

they put new banks in?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

yea the banks are in and the liitle ledge at the top is done. there no gap back to the ledge so it seems a bit awkward but it will be good fun anyway

• Advertisement

i was in the reception and the guy working said that he didnt know when they would be finished the park because they were supposed to be finished last friday he said maybe next monday the 21st i think. They have the bank up at the top left is there any other new stuff yet??? or was that al they had to do? other hten the astro turf were the muck is and the lights Etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dan-duff

Ye it said in the wicklow times that it was de june bank holiday or sumtin!.. Word of mouth is dat it opens again next saturday! HopefullY!

this saturday coming or next saturday??

I was went up there last night to see how it was coming along. i asked the guy who works for the sports centre and he reckoned it is going to be another two or three weeks, but he didnt really know at all. they hit an esb cable while working there so i think that held them up for a small while

hahah! So the june bank holiday is more like it then! Thats crap!!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Thats seriously gay why cant irish builders or whatever nationality the builders are do the work when there godamn well supposed to and actually make their freaking deadlines its bloody annoying they were supposed to have the park tottally finished in april

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

this skatepark was skater designed and most of the workers actually skate themselves so ud wanna watch what ur sayin. for instintince when i was there jezza was there carvin the **** outa that bowl. great park

smois wrote:
    this skatepark was skater designed and most of the workers actually skate themselves so ud wanna watch what ur sayin. for instintince when i was there jezza was there carvin the **** outa that bowl. great park
    no need for him to watch what he is saying. He is right. Just because skaters worked for the builders who got the contract doesnt mean they dont have to meet deadlines. It is ridiculous that the skatepark is not open at this stage. It is completely the builders fault as far as i can see. But to be clear, that has nothing to do with jezza and the other guys who were working on the actual skatepark (maybe that mark guy). They got the work done that they were supposed to do in the time they were supposed. It is the people above them you are to be blamed. There ones organising the fence and the astroturf and thats all thats un-finished.

Wat makes it worse is dat they opened it for dicky roache and closed it again! Wats taken so long, i was ther saturday nite or sumtin and de place didnt look at all different except for the all mighty big fences! :confused:

smois wrote:

Why do i need to watch what im saying they set a deadline they should meet it skaters or not it doesnt matter there being paid for a service. I'm not only blaming the builders im blaming the company too and basically anyone who hasnt done their share. I honestly dont care if someone says anything to me about this post because its true and i doubt im the only one that feels this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭theo4130

i dont think anyone should be complaining about deadlines and this and that,
    it seems like you are all being childish and selfish and expecting way too much , just relax and go and do other stuff until it is open again, o something like meditate, you could probably do with some of that.
    tough luck to be honest,

theo4130 wrote:
    it seems like you are all being childish and selfish and expecting way too much , just relax and go and do other stuff until it is open again, o something like meditate, you could probably do with some of that.
    tough luck to be honest,
    Yes this is true.
    I just dont think that smois guy should be telling someone to watch what there saying, when there point is completely valid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Evolute wrote:
    Why do i need to watch what im saying they set a deadline they should meet it skaters or not it doesnt matter there being paid for a service. I'm not only blaming the builders im blaming the company too and basically anyone who hasnt done their share. I honestly dont care if someone says anything to me about this post because its true and i doubt im the only one that feels this way.

There were a lot of problems with Greystones
    - from unforeseen hassles with drainage in the begining, to one of the main builders having to go back to the states before it was completed.

They'll get there in da end.

Most importantly DICK got his photo-op ;)
    (I doubt it'll save his job tho)

JohnBoy

theo4130 wrote:
    tough luck to be honest,

Dude im just saying im pissed cause it isnt finished and the fact that when it was first opened it was supposed to be fully finished. Ive just been looking forward to skate and because there is no way to find out ive ended up at the skatepark many times to find out its not open and having to trek back to bray. I dont think im expecting too much or being childish for wanting something done when it was supposed to be or as quick as possible and dont even say that there going as qucik as they can there just being lazy.

JahEerie wrote:
    to one of the main builders having to go back to the states before it was completed.

JohnBoy
    the builders are responsible for who they employ and for replacing them even if they do run off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭theo4130

Evolute wrote:
    Dude im just saying im pissed cause it isnt finished and the fact that when it was first opened it was supposed to be fully finished. Ive just been looking forward to skate and because there is no way to find out ive ended up at the skatepark many times to find out its not open and having to trek back to bray. I dont think im expecting too much or being childish for wanting something done when it was supposed to be or as quick as possible and dont even say that there going as qucik as they can there just being lazy.
    its your life, you can spend it being pissed off or dissapointed if you want,

theo4130 wrote:
    its your life, you can spend it being pissed off or dissapointed if you want,
    hahah! Gud point man! Exactly!!, surely if u were dat bothered ya cud of rung around either to see if its open, too busy complainin obvouisly!

dan-duff wrote:
    hahah! Gud point man! Exactly!!, surely if u were dat bothered ya cud of rung around either to see if its open, too busy complainin obvouisly!

Dan for ur info i actually have rung around to jackie skelly's and the council and neither seem to have a goddamn clue if u guys just wanna sit and be quiet bout it until its done thats fine. JUst one question u gonna do that for ur whole life??

Evolute wrote:
    Dan for ur info i actually have rung around to jackie skelly's and the council and neither seem to have a goddamn clue if u guys just wanna sit and be quiet bout it until its done thats fine. JUst one question u gonna do that for ur whole life??
    hahahah, no i just dont see the point in moaning over sumtin u hav no control of wat happens, ye its stupid dat its just sittin ther closed, but whoop dee doo, get over it! It will be open for the summer, be thankful we even hav one!

dan-duff wrote:
    hahahah, no i just dont see the point in moaning over sumtin u hav no control of wat happens, ye its stupid dat its just sittin ther closed, but whoop dee doo, get over it! It will be open for the summer, be thankful we even hav one!

Alright i gotta agree with that one and i dont wanna hear anymore of it either im beginning to annoy myself:p

Evolute wrote:
    Alright i gotta agree with that one and i dont wanna hear anymore of it either im beginning to annoy myself:p
    hahah! I kno de feelin alri1;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Is greystones open? What time will it be open on wed as i might head up to check it out.

it wont be open on wednesday it wont be open until next weekend at some stage theres no set date yet so like the rest of us u gotta hold out till then

jozi wrote:
    Is greystones open? What time will it be open on wed as i might head up to check it out.
    Hard luck buddie! Its a tough life! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 feelthegrease

Evolute wrote:

here, its not true, and you should really stop complaining, because you dont have a clue what youre talking about.

the builders, the company, blah blah, no point complaing about that, sure its all down to the council, theyre the ones running it, and dont we know how useless they can be...?

also, during the entire construction of the park, there were various delays that were nothing to do with the people actually building the park. things like cement not getting delivered on time, budget problems etc. do you have any idea how difficult it was to get a skatepark in greystones, to get the support to build it from the council, to get the funding, to get the location, to get someone to design it who knows what theyre doing, to get people to build it who know what theyre doing? be thankful its there at all. and especially be thankful that its free. and shut your damn mouth.

Advertisement