Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Pity, ill stick to the dublin parks for the moment i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

here, its not true, and you should really stop complaining, because you dont have a clue what youre talking about.

the builders, the company, blah blah, no point complaing about that, sure its all down to the council, theyre the ones running it, and dont we know how useless they can be...?

also, during the entire construction of the park, there were various delays that were nothing to do with the people actually building the park. things like cement not getting delivered on time, budget problems etc. do you have any idea how difficult it was to get a skatepark in greystones, to get the support to build it from the council, to get the funding, to get the location, to get someone to design it who knows what theyre doing, to get people to build it who know what theyre doing? be thankful its there at all. and especially be thankful that its free. and shut your damn mouth.

Didnt u read the other posts thats over and done with so leave it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 feelthegrease

whatever, i had to post that.

whatever, i had to post that.

Yea and just basically qoute what everyone else said so u wasted ur time

WOOOHOOOO its back baby was the first person to skate it when it reopened hehehehehhehehe yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Lucky you! I cant skate for at least a month, arm is in a cast! Fell from coping onto ground in bushys deep end! Tore my elbow open right down to bone. Didnt break anything but needed surgery!
    So all you whining fothermuckers ...shut up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pawsome

Kenjd wrote:
    Lucky you! I cant skate for at least a month, arm is in a cast! Fell from coping onto ground in bushys deep end! Tore my elbow open right down to bone. Didnt break anything but needed surgery!
    So all you whining fothermuckers ...shut up!

****! Howd you manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Know how you feel Kenjd, sprained my ankle on april the 13th and have my last physio appointment on wednesday, yipeeee.

wow i can feel for u both ive done damage to nearly every part of my body not all from skating but the healing times can be a pain but you'll all get back out there soon and hope to see ya all out there:)

Dont know how it happened. Was doing a 50-50 in the deep end went to go back in and board just whiped out from under me!
    Can i just say here PLEASE dont wax coping! Bladers are always waxing sh1t. Wax you board or your skates instead! Makes sense!
    I think it may have been that that did it! dont know!
    Anyways, 3 weeks at least in this bloody thing! No work though! which is great!

• Advertisement

aww man sorry to hear. yeh bladers do wax alot of stuff and alot of them wax stuff tooooo much making it very dangerous for skaters unless we know its waxed but ofc nobody tells ya its waxed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dan-duff

ahh sure if ya`s got a bmx you`s wud hav nuttin to worry about! :p

Apart from losing our balls on the crossbar dan-duff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Phaeton

Evolute wrote:
    aww man sorry to hear. yeh bladers do wax alot of stuff and alot of them wax stuff tooooo much making it very dangerous for skaters unless we know its waxed but ofc nobody tells ya its waxed

Stick a sandpaper under your deck to make it less slippy:) We have to wax stuff when its new because its not skateable. After few sessions it work itself out and theres no need to wax it anymore.
    I can say that BMX'ers damaging boxes and rails with pegs but I can understand it, thats the way they ride and I'm OK with it. Try to understand before you start complaining... Bad, bad bladers...

P.S. Waxing blades????????

Phaeton wrote:
    Stick a sandpaper under your deck to make it less slippy:) We have to wax stuff when its new because its not skateable. After few sessions it work itself out and theres no need to wax it anymore.
    I can say that BMX'ers damaging boxes and rails with pegs but I can understand it, thats the way they ride and I'm OK with it. Try to understand before you start complaining... Bad, bad bladers...

P.S. Waxing blades????????

No dude i wasnt having a go at all bladers just that some bladers wax stuff and tell no one if it was waxed and skaters knew about it thats fine because we know to watch out.

Think by waxing blades he means wax them instead of the bars or whatever ur gonna grind but i duno how you would do that

I know what you mean, thats why I always check rail or ledge before grinding, because you never know how slippy it is.

P.S. I'm do like skateboarders and bikers because we all do extreme sports so sorry if you feel hurt. :)

P.S.2 We are going off topic BTW :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Wax is for surfboards & bikini-lines ;)
    If ya can't 'grind' it without wax, then ya can't grind it.
    How hard is it to slide on plastic anyway???
    (When we used to use 'copers' back in the day nobody EVER waxed anythin)

The worst thing is not even slippy coping, its that the wax melts from the coping down the transition makin everything slippy.

Cheers,

JohnBoy

Phaeton wrote:
    P.S.2 We are going off topic BTW :P

Not really were talking about waxing in greystones and yes maybe other parks but its still kinda on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CBlader

Me being a blader myself like coping waxed!

But because Sum of my friends are skaters, I know how much dey the waxed coping I havn't waxed gstones!

There is actually no need! All u need 2 do it pump a bit harder to get speed!

CBlader wrote:
    Me being a blader myself like coping waxed!

But because Sum of my friends are skaters, I know how much dey the waxed coping I havn't waxed gstones!

There is actually no need! All u need 2 do it pump a bit harder to get speed!

Well said. I thought wax was to make the unskateable skateable?!?! Like crap curbs etc.
    New coping is skateable! Am I missing something????
    i prefer to grind not slide!
    Oh Evolute, your right this is way off topic...sorry i was the one who started this !!!

• Advertisement

When you do a 50-50 on koping it gets less skateable for bladers. Same with bmx'rs grinding or doing stalls. Its getting rough and has to be waxed. Difference between bladers and boarders is that rolling grinds ara hella longer, you needs more speed and slippier surface. On skateboard its just a short grind so wax isn't neccessary. Its completely different so don't compare it.

New coping skateable? Not really but you won't understand it if you are not a blader.

I think there is enough spece for everyone in skatepark so its better understand each other and co-operate.

P.S. I agree with you that there is no point to wax everything around, it may be dangerous.

Kenjd wrote:
    Well said. I thought wax was to make the unskateable skateable?!?! Like crap curbs etc.
    New coping is skateable! Am I missing something????
    i prefer to grind not slide!
    Oh Evolute, your right this is way off topic...sorry i was the one who started this !!!

Hehe ah well the mods obviously dont seem to mind:P

Advertisement