Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai coupe headlight alignment

Options
  • 19-12-2006 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 2002 Hyundai Coupe. Changed a bulb recently on the passenger side and ever since the alignment of the passenger side high-beam has been completely arseways - its pointing into the sky, really noticeable in today's foggy conditions! :eek:

According to the manual you just stick a philips head screwdriver into a particular hole and turn it to the right to lower it, but it doesn't appear to work. I can see teeth of some kind inside the hole but the screwdriver doesn't seem to be able to get a grip on them at all.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this sorted myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's likely that the bulb isn't sitting correctly in the headlamp unit. changing the bulb wouldn't knock the adjustment out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

could be upside down even!
    majority of cars coming in for headlight alignment need bulbs replaced (no pattern) or not seating properly as colm mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bugger. That thing was a pain in the ass to install :)

I'll go have a look, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

are you sure you have the correct bulb?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, correct bulb. Just checked it out there. The fitting is actually keyed so that the bulb only goes in one way. The problem was the poxy little metal retaining clip thing that holds it in place - it was on upside down, so was putting pressure on the bottom of the bulb, tilting it up a bit. Got it rectified there :)
    Alignment is slightly off horizontally now but not much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement