Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard drive

Options
  • 19-12-2006 10:03pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, looking for a large external hard drive at the cheapest price, around 300gb maybe.
    What do you make of,
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=318906
    Quick google...

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep, I have 2 of those models 'cept its 250GB, they are excellent and I have no problems with them. Is there a PC World near you? They also have decent prices on external hard drives at the moment but some of them might be out of stock at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Have that drive myself, absolutely no problems with it. Using it to host VMWare images and backups.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah sounds good so.
    I'll have a look in PC World too maybe.
    If there are none suggested that are better, then I made a good choice and it shallmbe mine. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

PC World last week a 320 gig external on special offer for around 130 euro recently,great value where as i got a 250 gig from same company a few months ago for the same money

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm, is must drop in and see if that is still going, or what prices they have. I expected their prices to be higher than the net.
    How much does delivery cost for a Ext HDD anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Sorry to jump in on this thread but I am looking for an external hard drive at the moment too and noticed the following 250GB drive for £101. Might be alittle more costly than others but it does have a network connection on it so I assume I can just plug it directly into a router and off I go:

http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/computer/laufwerke/festplatten/855783/-/Article.html?fillspace=1&viewmode=search

Does anyone know of a cheaper drive with a network point on it (NAS)? Do you think it would be possible to open it at a later stage and stick a new and bigger IDE drive it it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

PC World last week a 320 gig external on special offer for around 130 euro recently,great value where as i got a 250 gig from same company a few months ago for the same money
    I got one of these 320 GB drives made by Seagate. Works a treat. I heard they are now selling in the PCWORLD sale for €110!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Got mine in PC world for 130 euro before the sale the 320gb seagate. On the sale they had a 400gb external seagate for 140 I think it was. These are nice too. Very quiet drives for the size. I initially thought that it was actually two HDD's in the one enclosure because of the shape, but after unscrewing it this aint the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I got the 320 Gig HDD for 99 Euros!

Nice, where and when?

Ok, I have mine now, what is the google software for? Any need to install it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its just the Desktop Search, Picasa and the Toolbar bundled with the drive, so unless you want any of those, no need to install them.

Thanks.

I'll um, live without it somehow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Conor108 wrote:
    I got the 320 Gig HDD for 99 Euros!

Yeah were I need one as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

harney wrote:
    Sorry to jump in on this thread but I am looking for an external hard drive at the moment too and noticed the following 250GB drive for £101. Might be alittle more costly than others but it does have a network connection on it so I assume I can just plug it directly into a router and off I go:

http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/computer/laufwerke/festplatten/855783/-/Article.html?fillspace=1&viewmode=search

Does anyone know of a cheaper drive with a network point on it (NAS)? Do you think it would be possible to open it at a later stage and stick a new and bigger IDE drive it it?

See my post here

Advertisement