Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards very very slow?

Options
  • 19-12-2006 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Is it just me, (apols if not the right place btw) or is boards gone really, really slow on anybody else? Pages are taking minutes to load on 2mb BB and my connection is fine. Also the URL changed from www.boards.ie to forums.boards.ie and there's no redirect it seems?

Just two (euro)cents :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Don't ask me why, but a reboot of router and PC along with an AdAware scan solved the problem.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Sounds like the problem was at your end so, though speed is something that the tech admins constantly work to improve.

www.boards.ie and forums.boards.ie should both work, though you'd have to log in to them separately. I tend to use something like diff.boards.ie if I'm using someone else's machine so as to avoid messing up their login.

Following links people posted on boards to somewhere else on boards can mean you end up using whatever domain they tend to use, especially since few people use the [post] and [thread] tags.

Advertisement