Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT - reliable o2

• 19-12-2006 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

I rewrote the server code for o2 to now randomly select proxies and try up to 10 proxies at a time to send a text message, meaning the chances are your messages WILL be sent now :) (For the most part). Sending might be a little slower as it tries to find a working proxy, but this is temporary as it learns which ones doesnt work and which ones do.

Theres a catch however, due to the way that AFT is programmed, the only way you can make use of this more reliable o2 sending service is to sign up for an AFTuser account and use that. Its simple, go to http://sms.donutsoft.net, sign up once your in your account page click the wizard and set up your account.
    Then on your phone, go to AFT settings, select Aftuser as the service type and put in your AFTuser username & password.

Maybe if a new AFT comes out you wont have to do this, but its a simple process and can be done within 5 minutes :)

---
    Because of the way that it now uses proxies to send text messages, I will need people to help me test proxies. Currently in the database there is 3000 proxies, much less actually working, so I have written a program to automatically grab 100 proxies from the server, test them and return the working/non working ones.
    I desperately need a few people to run this, it minimizes to your system tray and doesnt bother you, and will test 100 a day, this is less than 1mb of bandwidth and your computer wont slow down as a result either. Everyone benefits from you doing it, and If you want the server will give you more working proxies which you can use to stay anonymous. I will upload this program soon, I have worked hard on setting up a tonne of services with AFT, and I do not want the networks to win simply by blocking the service, so my only request from you guys is to run the checker application. :)
    If people do not run the checker application, sending will become slow for people and stop working completely, so they have to be checked daily. I will advertise this program on other forums so aft will benefit either way, but the more people that run it the more reliable it will become.

Enjoy, and if you need any help email me at donut (at) donutsoft (dot) net (also an MSN address).

--
    Note that Multitext will point to this soon enough, so if you send a text through the soon to be latest version of Multitext, please consider scanning for proxies too (when it comes out, should be tommorow/late tonight)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

MultiText

The O2 texting should now work a lot better. It should work almost 100% of the time, unlike the 40% or 50% it was up to before.

Thanks to Donut for the advancements he's made in getting this sorted out.

All MultiText versions from 9.0 upwards are now using this interface and you should notice the improvements right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 yman

To make it more lucid, donut is using proxies to send the messages since O2 are currently blocking webmonkey's server (this is what the current AFT is hardcoded to use).

Advertisement