Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

single payment nightmare is it just us!!!

• 20-12-2006 12:04am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Our application for the single payment has been a continuous nightmare the past two years. I don't want to go into much detail here but, basically we have made hundreds of phonecalls to dept's of agriculture in portlaoise dublin and cavan. Nobody seems to give a fcuk and usually we are told fill in another form or contact another office/person. They simply don't seem to have a clue or don't want to be bothered to accept any responsibility in sorting out our fairly straightforward problem.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I just wonder if anyone else has encountered similar problems with the staff in the various offices??? or is it just my tough luck:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I had problems with my single payment after 3 appeals I contacted the Office of the Ombusman and it was sorted out withen a few weeks
    The dept of agriculture IMO do seem to be anti farmer seems like trying to catch out rather than help out

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I think you have just had a run of bad luck with the various people that you have contacted. If you are not happy dealing with a particular person on the phone you should ask to talk to the EO or the HEO and outline to that person the problems that you have encountered.

If the person you are transferred to / advised to contact is not the correct person it would most probably be a very good idea to request they forward your query onto the relevant person for consideration- rather than sending you on a merry-go-round.

Unfortunately- as you have discovered, a lot of staff have been transferred between different sections, along with a lot of new people recruited, in order to forward the decentralisation process. It is an unfortunate fact that expertise and experience is lost when people are transferred or recruited in order to fulfill numbers requirements. That said, it is extremely unfair if the public is made to suffer from government policies.

If you are unable to get a specific query dealt with in a satisfactory manner- one suggestion is to look up the government section of the phone directory from 2 or 3 years ago and ring and request to talk to the people who were listed for specific sections at that point in time- even if they have subsequently moved they will most probably be able to give you helpful information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

i always find the teagasc advisor great as they tend to know who deals with certain problems. most things are straightforward after you do a few. good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭road_high

artieanna wrote:
    Our application for the single payment has been a continuous nightmare the past two years. I don't want to go into much detail here but, basically we have made hundreds of phonecalls to dept's of agriculture in portlaoise dublin and cavan. Nobody seems to give a fcuk and usually we are told fill in another form or contact another office/person. They simply don't seem to have a clue or don't want to be bothered to accept any responsibility in sorting out our fairly straightforward problem.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I just wonder if anyone else has encountered similar problems with the staff in the various offices??? or is it just my tough luck:(

In what way has been a nightmare? Are you having trouble reconciling land areas or something? Are you a Teagasc/ private planner client? If so can they be of no assistence?Would say the prob is straightforward?

Advertisement