Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

andorra??

Options
  • 20-12-2006 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

hi,
    I was watching the weather forecast for ski resorts and it said soldeu in andorra was very disapointing, with only 10cm of snow, I have booed an expensive first time ski holiday for me and my boyfriend for the 21st of january in soldeu in andorra. will there be snow there by then? if not what the hell do i do???!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chong1

Yeah i've also heard bad reports about the snow situation in France. I'm also headin away to france for a boardin holiday, i'm leavin on the 20th of jan, not sure where in france i'm headin to. So fingers crossed they're will be snow by then. Usually by the end of the year it snows quite heavily with maybe a week or 2 where it doesnt snow in betwween, but with the global wariming buzz, who knows.

1 thing i will say, 1 of my friends went off to ski in france recently. He organised it through a travel agent, a whole hotel, ski pass, ski hire package thingy. All inclusive jobby. But because the state of the snow when he got there, they changed his resort to where there was snow when he got their for no extra charge!! So if your on a similar boat, check it out, u might be able to get insured or summit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

You can check out how much snow is at the resort or what the forecast is for the resort at http://www.snow-forecast.com and http://www.onthesnow.com
    They give a 7 day forecast, and info on how many slopes are open, how many ski lifts are operating, and how much snow is on the slopes.
    Fairly useful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Have you checked your package deal? Do they have to bring you somewhere with snow? Went sking in Finland during the week and due to lack of snow only one slope was open. Totally boring. Hoping to maybe go somewhere in March but with condidions as they are this year I'm only going to book last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It looks even worse this week. Some places in France are prediciting 5 degrees and sunny @ 2000m this week.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ohh poo...sunday aint looking good for me...going to pas de la casa in Andorra and no snow since the 23rd of december...pray with me please people :(

• Advertisement

found the perfect site...
    http://www.andorramania.co.uk/

they reckon snow will start 20th jan...kick in the nuts for me as i go home on the 21st...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Originally I was think of heading to andorra in jan and livigno in march but I decided to go to livigno first.

Having seen the pictures of andorra and the green fields/man made snow I was getting worried that it might also be crap in livigno but thankfully it has been snowing a bit the past few weeks, and the report on weather.com looks good. Im heading there Saturday.

The temperatures are dropping there so it might snow when your over there, but at least they have one or 2 trails open with man made snow, not the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

thanks all, 80% lifts are open and 60% pistes are open. i've never been skiing so won't know any different, but is man made snow really different? hopefully temperatures will drop...fingures crossed!

hmm hope this helps but pas de la casa was terrible conditions, slopes were staying open for the forseeable future though so who knows... snowcannons were on constantly

Advertisement