Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the shoot my Chairman option?

Options
  • 20-12-2006 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I signed Francisco Ochoa to Celtic for €5M. (Current Value: €5M) One season later Barcelona make an enquiry. Testing the water, I said €15M now, another €10M over 24 months and 50% of the next sale.

Barcelona actually came back and agreed, before I could laugh and tell them **** off, My new chairman accepted it as too good to refuse. Financially, Celtic are raking it in my game because of my financial links and a 76,000 seater stadium.

Is there any way to tell him, one more intervention and I'm out the door? (Preferably with him listening)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Ive never really tried the ultimatums in FM07 but what do they entail this time around. Its a common feature now i think, chairmen over ruling bids in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

John Madejski left me in shee-ite last season and Mike Porter has taken over the club, he is just a tight! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Klas Haglund - €22.5M to Arsenal (Worth 3.6m)
    Andres Guardado - €30M to Arsenal (Worth 7.75m)
    Igor Akinfeev - €40M to Valencia (Worth 5m, dropped from 22m because of bad form but still brilliant stats)

Chairman has done a right number on me. Some of my top talents

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If a chairman oversteps me, I just offer the player a new contract. Saying that it's only happened to me once with Kaka, and he stayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I did that there with another player cause Madrid tried to steal another player for 22M offered him twice what he was looking for and he stayed but now his role at the club is indispensible, he's not to me though.

I'd just given Akinfeev a new 5 year deal a month before he left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

I just sold Alonso to Real Madrid, £20 million up front, £40 million over 24 mths & 30% sell on clause :D
    Bout gouercuff (spelling is wrong!!) off milan for £4.5 million & hes playing pretty well scoring a few free kicks.
    Trying to sign Marcelo as left full but he cant get a work permit :mad:
    Also chelsea just bought Dani Alaves £45.5 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Marcelo is a crackin player, he was my 1st signing with Milan. Gourcuff is great aswell, but he's not gonna replace Kaka any time soon. Still he's quite happy to warm the bench. Alves is worth that money, absolutely brilliant player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

The chairman can be an absolute muppet when it comes to the "offer too good to refuse". In one game I used the scout program to find some of the lesser known talents to build a team for the future at the minimum of cost by snapping up potential stars from South American with ridiculously low minimum release fees. After a year in the club the chairman considered the players fair game for the "offer too good to refuse" treatment when an offer came in. Example: I signed Mexican U21 keeper for £500k, within a year he was pushing for the #1 shirt in the senior team and was responsible for turfing Chelsea out of the Carling and FA Cup. Man Utd came sniffing around and made an enquiry, being cheeky I asked for £15M and Wayne Rooney. Two days later the chairman accepted an "offer too good to refuse" for the player : £3.5M with a 40% sell on clause! :mad:

I have since come up with the following strategy to counteract the behaviour of the chairman but it has a tendency to piss off the player. When the chairman accepts the transfer deal, offer the player to clubs for a ridiculously low fee like £250k. If he's a decent player then all the major clubs will bite. Then it's in the hands of the player, provided he chooses a club other than the one that made the ridiculous offer you can cancel the transfer when it's due to be completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

David Gill accepted an offer of £26 million from Barca for Pique. I didn't want to lose him as he's just beginning to replace Rio so I offered him a new contract and he accepted.

Advertisement