Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten question

Options
  • 20-12-2006 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

My next door neighbours of about 3 years have taken in a few stray cats since they moved. One dissapeared, the other, a tabby, grew on me over time even though I'm not a cat lover. Both cats were the outdoor type, I mean by that that they didn't seem to be brought into the neighbours house often, although the tabby found it's way into my house often and would plant itself under the kitchen table. It died recently, my wife found it on the side of the road and tbh it seemed to upset her more than the neighbours.Anyway within a week or so they had got themselves another kitten. Fair enough I say if they give a stray a home, but the problem is that the cat has been locked in a shed at the bottom of their garden since they got it. I've only seen it out once and I use the backgarden for smoking so am out their fairly often only to be assaulted with the loud cries of the kitten. Personally I'm disgusted. why bother getting a cat, stray or other wise if your not going to give it a decent home, I accept some people would not like a cat in the house, me included, so why get one in the first place.I don't want to cause trouble for my neighbour,I'm all for a peacfull life, i just think that having a kitten stuck in a shed,especially in this weather is a disgrace.It's accured to me to catnap it and bring it to the cats and dogs home or somewhere, what would you do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

All you can do is make a complaint to the neighbours directly.
    The kitten may be in the shed until the vaccinations are complete, that could be one explanation. Although a shed isn't ideal for a lone kitten at least it's safe from the road unlike their previous one.
    Do they have kids? If so perhaps they are hiding the kitten to give as a xmas present..bad idea and they sound irresponsible to let cats wander to die on roads or get attacked by other cats/people/dogs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

not right and for the following reasons, well A. kittens need warmth and shelter, b. they need lots of affection and attention in their younger days as this is going to mould what will eventually be a cat.

There could be more than meets the eye, for all you know the kitten has ring worm, which is highly contageous and can affect humans.

It can take take up to 1 month for these fungal infections to clear.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

In my humble opnion, The best thing to do is just have a casual chat with the neighbours and ask about the kitten because they more than likely have a reason why the kitten is kept in the shed he probably has nice cosy bed in there (everyone automatically assumes its a cold, lonely, hungry kitty.... right). You are doing nothing wrong by inquiring, you heard it pining when you were havin your smoke, plain and simple!;)

Was the other tabby (that died) well fed and generally well looked after do you think, Use your good judgement to decide...

Some people own animals and care for them okay but don't lavish love and comfort on them like me and others unfortunately:rolleyes:

let us kno how you get on pls

Advertisement