Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porting to meteor - which phone will i go for?

• 20-12-2006 3:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭

Ok my contract is up with vodafone so going to port to Meteor 60.

€20 per month for 60 mins.

Not to sure on which phone to go for want something smaller than my 6680 which i am currently using but dont want to loose the features. Would also like something with good battery life.

So it looks like its between these:
    -> Sony Ericsson K750i @ €49 phone is nice looking with a lot of features and good battery life. But never used a Sony before so dont know what they are like to use(ie navigate and text on).

-> Motorola V3i @ €49 phone is nice and extremely slim and light. Camera not as good as the Sony but not really an issue for me. Battery life is a little less as well, but does come with a 64mb memory card in box.

-> Sony Ericsson W810i @ €99 looks are pretty much the same as the k750i but the price is double. Is it worth the extra money? and again wat is the menu system link and texting? With this phone the battery life is not as good as the k750i.

Thats pretty much all thats around my budget. I know the 6230i is there, but just know too many people with them and think i would like something a little different.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

The Sony Ericsson W810i is only €59 in 3G(if you go for talk 200), cheaper if you go for the higher packages. Shop around, the prices of phones can vary by quite a lot. I would recommend this phone, it is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Just to point out something about Meteor 60 bill pay option , if you went on the pre-paid option (anytime plus) meteor 60 minutes + 30 texts would only cost you €14.70 instead.

I only copped this after I signed up! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

IMHHO, stay well clear of Sony Ericssons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

vigos,
    Thanks for pointing that out. I wonder how many people acutally noticed that?

ambrose :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

One other thing i was wondering do meteor and 3 lock there phones? or do them usually come simfree?

• Advertisement

if you are on bill pay the phone is usually locked but all you need to do is ring customer care and they will give you the code to unlock it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

vigos wrote:
    Just to point out something about Meteor 60 bill pay option , if you went on the pre-paid option (anytime plus) meteor 60 minutes + 30 texts would only cost you €14.70 instead.

but you get both the 5c and free texts for €20 instead of just one
    brophy wrote:
    One other thing i was wondering do meteor and 3 lock there phones? or do them usually come simfree?

oh do three lock their phones. read my sig link, the last few pages
    vigos wrote:
    if you are on bill pay the phone is usually locked but all you need to do is ring customer care and they will give you the code to unlock it

only if you're with a proper network, i.e. not 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Trilla wrote:
    Why? I have one and two people I know have them and find them great. Which model are you talking about?

but you get both the 5c and free texts for €20 instead of just one

didnt spot that myself but still as I would never use up all my text with the bundle and web based texts would have preferred the pre-paid option.

You could send 88 texts at the 9cent a text and still would be equivalent to the 20 euro a month on the bill option, plus the 5 cent texts only are for meteor to meteor texts.

As always depends on your usage of course but found it was kind of sneaky myself! Should have looked into more only myself to blame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Trilla wrote:

SE - best phone I've ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

vigos wrote:

But you get the phone a lot cheaper.

chrislad wrote:
    But you get the phone a lot cheaper.

yes another good point, but then thats providing you're looking for a new phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I have a W800i, herself has a W800i, we bought them on the same day in the same shop. Hers works perfectly mine is a steaming pile of sh*te. As is Meteors customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

vigos wrote:
    yes another good point, but then thats providing you're looking for a new phone!

There's two advantages, and two alone, to that tariff.

1. It's a bill so you can't run out, per se.

2. The phone is a lot cheaper than Pay as you Go. People just go on that tariff to get cheap phones. There's no saving really until you go to Talk 300.

Advertisement