Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you knowingly buy from israel?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

that the Palestinians method of conflict is less moral than the Israeli?

No, the palestinian method is suicide bombs and rockets, their objective [to murder civillians] is what I find immoral.
    If they were given a Palestinian state the Israelis wouldn't have to endure these resistance attacks. There would be no motive for the Arabs to attack Israel fullstop even if they did have fancy jets.

Again naive, given that Israel endured many attacks from Arab states in a series of wars that led to their current occupation of the West Bank and recently the Gaza Strip.

The cases of the Gaza Strip and Southern Lebanon also do not bear out the argument of land for peace, with Israeli withdrawals only inviting cross border raids, and rocket attacks on Israeli towns leading inevitably to Israeli counter attacks.
    The Israelis haven't quite grasped how to deal with the Palestinians proportionately.

Theyre fighting a war, the aim is to win within the laws of warfare, not to do so "proportionally".
    If Israel hadn't confiscated the lands of Palestine after 1967, then there could have been lives saved.

And if the Palestinians and their Arab neighbours hadnt attacked Israel in 1967 then Israel wouldnt have annexed the lands of Palestine after 1967 and a lot *more* lives would have been saved. And so on and so forth, back through the mists of time as we trade a timeline trying to pin down the fault, the blame to one incident until finally we crack it and prove that theoretically, if wed been around calling the shots in 1048 BC then none of this mess would ever have happened.

And yet, inexplicably, the situation still exists in the here and now, unsolved and undiscussed despite the historical grappling...

Jesus, spare me the Israeli-Palestinian historical merry go round. I've been lurking/posting to this forum for over 5 years now, so not much of the historical wrangling is fresh.

Would I support a boycott of Israeli goods? No, and Id question the motivation of a boycott that targeted Israel without also targetting Palestinian goods. Id also question whats so remarkable about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict given the vast number of conflicts and struggles between groups across the world.

The Palestinian "resistance" are terrorists, and the Israelis are idiots who still seem intent on expanding settlements when every indicator should be telling them its completely unsustainable to hold the anexxed territories, both militarily and socially. The only redeeming factor in their world view is that their hypothetical peace partners are crazed religious fanatics who refuse to accept they exist. For best results, I guess the Israelis ought to send some of their own religious crazies to lead the peace negotiation team - save some time at least.

A plague on both their houses, or neither.

Advertisement