Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit of help please:)

• 20-12-2006 4:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    ok I'm not much of a phone person. Calls and texts suit me fine. I'm with o2 at the moment and I'm on speak easy night owl (do they even still do the early bird/night owl packs? well I'm on the cheaper evening pack whatever it is).

Anyway, I need a new phone and will soon be using my phone for business too so would need a good package for any time calls. Wouldn't be making too many calls, maybe 5 mins of calls every 24 hours? Would prefer to keep to speakeasy but will go bill if it works out better. Is it possible/difficult to change from a speak easy package to bill pay and if I want to keep the same number etc?

Now the phone: As I said, all I really need is phone/text but I'd also like to get bluetooth for handsfree options while driving.

I'm not sure what 3G/imode is:confused:

I have a vodafone laptop card, but no sim. It would be handy to be able to use this. Would I have to have a vodafone sim and does it have to be a specific type of sim? This isn't too big a deal but would be handy.

So any Operator/Package/Plan/Phone suggestions? I'd appreciate any help:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

3 offers the most affordable data plans in Ireland, see here:
    http://www.three.ie/ihandsets/datacards.html

If you want mobile data on your laptop for a reasonable cost, I'd look at these.

As far as your phone, as you'll be using it for business, you could switch it over to Early Bird, which now goes from 2 AM in the morning until 6 PM at night. Yes, the old plans still exist, and they extended the times!

Hope this is of some help.

Oh, almost forgot. I-mode gives you push email on your phone, which might be handy. The K610im is the best i-mode phone in my opinion, and it also has 3G. It's a solid phone with bluetooth, so you can use it with bluetooth headsets, car kits, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the reply:)

Is the K610im the one that's been out for over a year or so? My sister has on that looks like that. Is there a few Sony's that look like that one? Hows the general user friendliness of it? What about texting? The reason I ask about this is because I now have a Panasonic GD88 and it's the worst phone I've ever had for a lot of things like texting and a lot of other things. It takes so long to do everything and if you make a mistake along the way you can't continue where you left off kind of thing. I had a Nokia 3100 before that and it was perfect in terms of interface, but like every other Nokia I've had, just came to a halt one day for no good reason.

If I get that K610im, the fact it has a 3G data card, does that mean I can slot the sim into one of these:
    3g-large.gif

and connect to the net without signing up to a contract? By just paying per minute say? I wouldn't want to sign up to a contract for that service yet, not until it gets a bit cheaper, which I'm sure it will in the next year or so. As far as I know though, VodaFone offer an unlimited cap one for €50 a month?

Anyway, the K610im so far looks like a good option, it has imode which could be handy, bluetooth and 3G, which if that means I could connect using a data card without contract, would be pretty handy. It even has a 2mb camera. Is there a nokia equivalent or is the Sony better than the Nokia?

:)

Any other opinions on this? It says last orders for XMAS delivery are in an hour:eek: Would like to get it sooner rather than later because my current phone is a bit messed up:o

Was about to order at 11.50 but decided to hold off for some more opinions so if anyone has any other experiences or advice, please share:)

So does anyone know if I could go online with a vodafone data card using an o2 3G sim without contract? ;)

Any opinions on the user friendliness of the K610?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The K610im is the best phone I've ever owned.

As far as using your SIM card in a data card, you could do that, but it would get very expensive! O2 charge €10.24 per megabyte, no joke!

3 has the most affordable data cards at the moment, for €24.99 for 250 MB and €39.99 for 3000 MB. Vodafone is €48.99 for unlimited data with no cap, subject to "fair use".

Cool thanks again, that's cool I'll be able to use it anyway. I wont be surfing, but if I need to check mail or send any doc's off my laptop, it could come in handy.

Looking forward to it now, but probably wont get it till after Christmas some time.

Advertisement