Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you "Eat" whilst you shop ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Do you "whistle" while you work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Memories I used to go to the confectionary stall take a big bag and scoop; fill it right up well beyond it’s capacity and just walk right off :D still got all my teeth too.

Or weigh it up and throw a few more sweets in it before you pay :)

Two of my friends actually got in dept with the ice-cream man because they ordered about a tenners worth of sweets from him, cans of coke and everything and just ran off without paying.

If we were out when he'd come around, hed stick his fist out the window like he was going to punch them :pac: He wouldn't even serve me once because he knew I was getting things for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Must admit I never fully understood those things the way they’re laid out. It’s like yeah kid help yourself :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

13 years, people........

And no, I dont steal while i shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I think it's ok to have the odd grape or something if you're buying it when you reach the till anyway.

Most people are probably spending 400-500 in their supermarket a month so it'd be silly to make a big deal of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Wish it was 2006 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I work in a supermarket, I'm actually kind of embarrassed for customers when I have to scan their empty packaging at the till. They have no shame though! Would be mortified to do it myself. I just don't think it's polite to walk around eating while doing your shopping ... especially since it always seems to be crumby/drippy/messy food, so you're leaving others having to clean up after you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw a story this morning in the us where a woman opened a cake in a shop ate half and wouldn't pay for it cops were called.

Advertisement