Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plaster slab screw gun.

Options
  • 20-12-2006 8:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

There is a screw gun available from hire shops for plaster slabs ( don’t know the exact name), but basically you can set the depth of the screw and by Appling force to the top of the gun it fixes the screws to the required depth. You purchase the screws in cartridges ( not loose) for automatic feed for the gun.

Is it as good as it sounds, and well worth the hiring out :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

depends on the qty of boarding you have to do.

I rented one to do 3 ceilings and ended up using normal slab nails.
    It kept getting jammed and reloading cartridges was a pain.

The slab nails they have now are very good - ribbed shanks.

It really depends on the qty.
    Same with all tools -some will like using them constantly -others not.

K

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Spud, I had the Senco screw gun for slabbing out timber frame house, talking about nearly 300 sheets of plasterboard and it was excellent, would be still at it without it, you are talking in or about 50 screws per catridge and it leaves your hand free also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 spud2

Thaks for the replies.
    I have one hired out for the Christmas holidays with 80 sheets or so to fix.
    Regards
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Any plasterers I know use a normal screw gun and slab screws. I'd imagine if they were any use the plasterers would be useing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

My brother works at slabbing and uses the Senco screw gun for double slabbing only. Apart from that he'd just use nails.

• Advertisement
Advertisement