Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TF Movie full trailer!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Yep I got to agree, looks good so far (well the transformers do anyway) Sadly you cant get an idea of the story from the Trailer. So jugement is out on that till the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

If goes up on youtube can someone post it here, can't seem to view that as it freezes about halfway through. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

I don'k like the look of the Transformers. They still look like Bionical lego figures. However, Prime is looking hawt! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Give me the transforming sound effect or give me death!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Looks sweet. I'm a lot more optimistic about this now after seeing that. Love how ominous it is, loads of the decepticons, very little of the autobots. The sound in the trailer was cool too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Wheres the chu chaa cha cha cha tranforming sound? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

must agree with the atmosphere comment, felt really threatening and i loved the armybase scene with the emp blast (though looks more like a shockwave) blackout looks the most transformers like , kept thinking of spinister for some reason, but prime even from behind got me torqued. cant ya imagine cullens voice in that scene?

im glad we dont get much of the story, far too much beens leaked anyway. i may not agree with alot of what micheal bay says but i dont want another king kong where all the best scenes are in the trailer. best thing is we should be getting another around april seeing as theres usually 3 trailers for a new release.

and come on you cant say the prospect of a starscream dogfight in the middle of a city isnt something to get stoked about and that definetly seemed implied.

fair play to bay, looks to have acheived a mix between war of the worlds and black hawk down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Liked the fact that we only caught quick glimpses in their robot forms - don't want to to spoiled on that too much yet (ala King Kong last year, if you know what i mean).

But would've liked to have heard some voiceovers towards the end like Prime, Megs or even Starscream.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

xanthor wrote:
    Stuck in the 80's, along with those who can't accept that after two decades things are going to change.

ah thats not fair xanthor! Its like strawberries without cream...

The last clip of the trailer with the little girl and the swimming pool, did anyone else get a "lost world" homage/rip off during that scene?

aside from the obvious, which TF's did you recognise in robot form? Who was the dude outta the swimming pool?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Optimus looks pretty rockin.

not sure about Megatron, not that we got to see him

The script has been leaked on the net, thats how alot of people know about how the film pans out

Spielbergs involved. Thus the lost word pastiche!

There's several toy references apparently, not just the My little pony! At one point, an autobot drives through a truckload of furbys....

I would have liked to hear something come out of Cullens mouth for this trailer... would have wet myself. :)

Hope the cons are pure evil and infighting backstabbers as they should be, but sont see it happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

faceman wrote:
    Who was the dude outta the swimming pool?

i thought it was megatron.

Still its only trailer 1, and a teaser. lets hope trailers 2 & 3 dont ruin the flick for us...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've read elsewhere that in the script, Ironhide emerges from a swimming pool.

This could be COMPLETELY wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

faceman wrote:

aside from the obvious, which TF's did you recognise in robot form? Who was the dude outta the swimming pool?

protoform prime, ya can tell by the head. theres a few pics of the toy on the net some where. by the way its been tweaked on the official site, same as you see on yahoo. then cullen says "freedom is the right of all sentient beings":D :D

beware though, you need broadband. the sites a nightmare. though there is what looks like a sneak peak of cybertron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Stuck in the 80's, along with those who can't accept that after two decades things are going to change.

**** off. Just because people are fans of something up to a particular point doesn't mean they have to be fans of a particularly drastic change. They have every right to whinge. If people don't bitch, nothing changes according to the people who most want it to change.
    I'm not stuck in the 80s - my favourite series is Beast Wars. But if you're going to base it on the Generation 1 characters which, despite the cries of "IT'S NOT GEEWUN!!", it still is(G1 is the ONLY series where Prime, Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee and Jazz are, more or less, the "Top 5") . The new TF series are **** so **** them.

This isn't meant to be some new Transformers, it's meant to be a new take on the originals. There's a huge difference there. It's advertising itself as THE Transformers. Yes, hopefully the movie will be a fun ride with a deliciously dark and creepy atmosphere, but it still won't quite be Transformers.

Also, that guy coming out of the pool was Ironhide. Yes. The guy who you thought was Megatron with the big Shockwave eye was Ironhide.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I really don't think it's supposed to be a retelling of the original Transformers.
    It's going to be as different from G1 as Armada, Energon, Cybertron (hopefully not as crap though) or Beast Wars (If it's as good as BW I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Wasn't Beast Wars a paritcularly drastic change?

Beast Wars was also revolving around an entirely different set of characters(whereas this movie is heavily altering existing chars), but still drew on the history and aesthetic more than the original. There are many reasons why this

This movie is far more like Beast Machines than Beast Wars. And while I do somewhat enjoy Beast Machines, the out of characterness and many of the designs were just ****.
    Prime - still a truck.

You're making things look more like they were on purpose. He's a completely different kind of truck, and while it's a cool truck, it's still not as "prime" as the flatnose, and the flames look ridiculous.
    Bumblebee - Volkswagen ended up telling Hasbro to stop asking them.

Yeah, because VW are the only ones in the world that make small cars :rollseyes:. How thick are you, seriously?
    The new Classics Bumblebee isn't a Bug either, but they had the sense to make him a small car.

He was never going to be a bug to begin with. VW Bugs don't belong in Michael Bay movies. Small cars don't. That's the be all and end all of it, really.
    Jazz - Porsche were apparently just plain obstructive.

Ratchet and Ironhide - no actual mention or even rumors of Nissan being approached by Hasbro.

Megatron - realistic toy guns aren't legal for sale in several parts of America.

You're doing the same thing Empire Magazine did - putting fan outcry down solely to the alt modes. What's with you..? People feel the characters have been betrayed by what they see as very significant design and personality changes.

And nobody wanted Megatron to be a gun. Well, except a few. Most people wanted him to be a tank, ala G2 or Infiltration, or some kind of other large weapon, such as a German Flak Cannon custom someone made.
    So before they even start, legal issues make a faitful 'modern day' version of More than meets the eye impossible.

And before they even start, you're missing the point entirely. No wonder you don't have a problem with the movie.

I'm looking forward to the movie too - but so much of it is just bull**** you really can't defend without massive strawmans like the one you just made.
    I really don't think it's supposed to be a retelling of the original Transformers.
    It's going to be as different from G1 as Armada, Energon, Cybertron (hopefully not as crap though) or Beast Wars (If it's as good as BW I'll be happy.

You're kidding yourself if you think it'll be as good as Beast Wars. The leaked script has essentially been declared pap by most who've read it. I've no doubt it'll be improved, but still don't expect "Code of Hero" from this movie - it's a *BAY* movie don't forget.

It's using several G1 characters and concepts. It should stay true to those ideas for maximum draw and fairness to the original fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Rozie. I've warned you before about this and this is the last time I will.

It's great that you are so enthusiastic about the subject, but please tone down the aggression. If Xanthor says something you don't agree with then pull him up on it by all means as it can make for an interesting discussion, but please refrain from name calling and telling people to **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Rozie wrote:
    You're kidding yourself if you think it'll be as good as Beast Wars. The leaked script has essentially been declared pap by most who've read it. I've no doubt it'll be improved, but still don't expect "Code of Hero" from this movie - it's a *BAY* movie don't forget.
    As a film student it is my duty not to judge a film's quality before I've seen it.
    Anyway Michael Bay has had one very good film (The Rock), so lets just hope lightning strikes twice.

Advertisement