Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup

Options
  • 20-12-2006 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

A Win tonight and the draw everyone would want in the semis-Wycombe- and it could be a trip to Cardiff for the yids in the new year !!
    Anyone know when the draw for the semi-finals will be on, providing we are in it if course !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I believe the draw is on Saturday on Sky Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd planned to travel over, but had a dodgy night last night, up most of it getting sick.

Decided to give the trip a miss, especially having to get into work tomorrow straight off the flight home.

Still pissed off...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Your better off resting the body boss, we need you fighting fit for the busy festive period :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Rest? 2 hours spent putting up a Christmas tree and fretting over the BBC commentary...

No rest for the wicked!

Sounds like we made hard work of it tonight, but one can expcet the likes of Southend to put up a good fight. Thats far from out first choice XI, byt my reckoning we were six short at the start (King, Chimbonda, Lee, Zokora, Lennon, Berbs), and with Davids replacing Tainio in the 2nd half we lost our way in the centre. Time for bye bye Edgar I think.

Anyway, another win, and we join Wycombe and Chelsea in the SF draw on Saturday, with Liverpool/Goons still to be decided. Draw takes place between 12.15 and 12.30 I'm told. C'mon Wycombe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Love it ... hope you have martin jol on top of the tree !

Cmon Wycombe is right...if we do get them, it would be very tempting to go and book the flights and hotel etc.

Need a big performance on Saturday to keep the momentum going !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

How did Monsieur BAE play?I'm still angry after the Emirates debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

cxcully wrote:
    How did Monsieur BAE play?I'm still angry after the Emirates debacle.

I only saw the highlights but from what I saw he made a few good crosses. Just as I was thinking "Benny's actually having a good game" he lets the southend winger get a cross in that gave them their best chance of the game.:( Lets face it the fella just isnt defensivly sound enough to cut it at a top level, having said that lee doesnt exactly inspire confidence either. Left side is definately our weak point.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

He's no full back - full stop, i even prefer Lee, can't believe i said that.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I only saw the highlights on UTV but looked like we were constantly pushing for the goal but a bit unlucky not to get it earlier. Mido had a good effort in either half with the shot that came off the underside of the bar and the header that was just tipped over.

Come on Wycombe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Looks like it'll be Wycombe all right, but in the final!

Come on you Spurs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 chalky76

Crikes,it was freezing..!!We were crap without being under any pressure.Davids came on & stank the house out.50g a week & was played off the park by the Shrimpers no8 Maher.Murphy looks nearer 40 than 30 whilst i dont think Mido won a single header all night.I was right by the bench for this one.Got Lennon"s autograph at the start of the second half,really chuffed with that i was...... take it from me,Jol doesnt want Defoe at the club.He is wasteful beyond belief & but for Keanealdo"s injury would be on his way.I saw with my own eyes Jol & Hughton slagging the guy off between themselves after every chance he misssed,i clearly lip read Jol sneakily telling Hughton "you see,the guys ****,how many chances?how many chances?..He got a goal late on but should of put us through long before he did & same against Villa,scored 2 but should of had 4 & as per usual he missed the simplest chance at the death for his hat-trick.Jol picked up on it after the game as well "we should of had 3" he said.."Thats the difference with the top players".............Would prefer Liverpool in the semi.

Advertisement