Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to make a hamper. Anyone know where I can get the empty basket?

Options
  • 20-12-2006 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    As you may have guessed from the title I am looking for an empty hamper. Want to make one for my parents and fill it with booze and other little things.
    Only thing is I have no idea where I could get the basket for this.
    The only ones I find are either huge things (like washing baskets) or tiny little ones.

Any help on this would really be appreciated.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ask in a flower shop. They often have baskets they fill with flowers (imagine that).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Dunnes Stores do quite a few of them, but then again, everyone is likely to know it's from Dunnes. The best place is TK maxx. They always have a big range of sizes and shapes. I always fill a hamper for my in laws at christmas with the things I know they like (mostly booze!). I paid 20 euro for a really big on this year. Use the office shredder to generate paper for the bottom and cover it with crepe paper (70 cents in Easons). You can buy clear plastic and ribbon from a florist (the stuff the wrap flowers in) and make it look very professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Thanks hunnymonster!
    That sounds like a great idea!!! Have some shredded paper and some straw type stuff, ribbons and some clear plastic to wrap it all in. All I was missing was the basket.
    Great help and sounds like ou put a lot of effort into it.

Merry Christmas and thanks again.
    TKMaxx here I come :p

Advertisement