Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Razr V3x - My Rant - Help Please!

• 20-12-2006 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey,

The wife just bought me a Razr V3x, I previously had a Sony Ericsson V800. Whereas it a nice looking machine, the Razr has some shortcomings i'm unhappy with.. Is it true:

1) It doesn't support animated wallpapers? I set an animated gif as wallpaper and it just hangs...

2) there's an external display, but a seperate image cannot be placed here...

3) It's supposidly a good camera, but even when video is set to high quality, the playback is TERRIBLE. My wife has a two year old cheap outdated motorola (can't remember the model) but the video playback is the same quality!!

I'd have to say, I'm not that impressed so far. I'm using Motorola phone tools to add/remove media from PC, but adding themes etc seems impossible!

Not to mention my Vodafone package DIDN'T ship with an installation PC disc and without sourcing the tools application online, my XP Pro PC refused to recongnise it out of the box!

RANT OVER! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭tippguy2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I got it with 3 about a year ago
    got motorola phone tools (which is very handy most of the time)
    i have to disagree with you on camera quality
    i find it very good especially when put on a computer
    but your right as for videos they are fairly poor quality never mind mentioning the fact that they are only 20seconds long (oh i miss my nokia 6600 becuase it used to have only 10sec vids until a downloaded a programme that made them unlimited great thing about smart phones...)

anyway what you should be most worried about is the white screen of death
    when i 1st got it, it was always restarting mostly from closing the flap to hard
    but tbh after a while you get used to its flaws and do grow to like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I had to return my Razr V3 to CPW as any time I mildly shook or barely dropped the phone, it rebooted.

It seems ok now after it got repaired and was flashed with the latest firmware.

The kit I got from CPW included Phone Tools and a wired hands-free set.

Bluetooth is pretty good. It has no problems pairing with my Pioneer KEH-9800 headunit which doubles acts as a Bluetooth car-kit. I've had nightmares getting Nokias to talk Bluetooth in the past.

The holy grail for me is getting a ZX Spectrum emulator running on my Razr V3.

^^ do you mean the V3X because if your on about the V3 you need to read before you post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Having owned a V3X, i can tell you there's only one thing to do with it;

rubbishbinxd2.jpg

Perhaps the worst phone i've ever owned. Does lots of things and does them all badly. Horrible built in browser, horrible camera, horrible software, horrible screen that will go dead after three months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I had one for a year on 3, but have gone back to Vodafone and got an N91.

Worst phone ever. Camera was decent, but it's the only compliment I can pay it. Kept losing numbers, not dialling some numbers, the keypad was terrible.

Sorry for your trouble OP. If your wife wouldn't be too offended, I'd change it ASAP!

I guess there's more cons tha pro's with this phone
    i liked it but i havent had a lot of the problems other people had i guess ive been lucky
    all the same i wont be going for a motorla again
    prob get another nokia smartphone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

the keypad was terrible.
    !

Worst.
    On/Off.
    Button.
    Ever.

........of course the phone was perfectly capable of turning itself off when i didn't want it to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Having had the phone now for over a month - it's going back today...

It's the worst phone I've ever had... The wife had another Motorola two years ago and had hated it to the extend it went back too. Most of the software seems to be pulled straight off the older one into the Razr!

It appears to be the shared opinion that Motorola may have an exthetic quality to their phones, but thats where the quality ends.

I've never buy another one again!

I still love the flipper design though - Anyone recommend me a decent flipper available now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I recommend the W850i on 3. It's a slider but it's a great looking phone with great features.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I second chrislad, and would add that Sony Ericsson phones in general have been excellent lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

chrislad wrote:
    I recommend the W850i on 3. It's a slider but it's a great looking phone with great features.

Looks like a sweet piece of kit...

A bit pricey at €300 ready to go. Are 3 the only network suppling these?

Thanks for the advice

Advertisement