Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem connecting to broadband (UTV)

Options
  • 20-12-2006 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I finally joined the Broadband age yesterday (thanks to UTV Clicksilver) but no sooner have I accessed the net now I have a problem. I am planning to ring UTV technical support about it when I get home but thought I would as here first to see if anybody ever had the same problem and if so how they fixed it.

After been on the net for a few hours yesterday I decided to download the F-Secure Internet Security Suite 2006 from UTV Internet. Its free for the first 3 months and as I knew I would be doing a bit of downloading I figured it would be the wise thing to do.

Anyway it took a fair while to download and after it did I logged out and turned off the laptop as well as the voyager modem (supplied by UTV). This morning I turned the modem and laptop back on as I wanted to download something and leave it downloading while I was in work. However it is taking ages for any application to open when i click on its icon on the desktop. I clicked on the voyager homepage so i could reconnect to the internet.. It hung for about 15 minutes. I rebooted and the same thing happened. So I gave up and headed into work.

Could it be the fact that I downloaded the F-Secure application that is causing this.. Up till I did that the internet was flying along??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gazzer

Advertisement