Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Disaster of an event

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

They forgot to account for the VAT on Justice. Filled to bar to capacity, and made a loss.

Well of course it sounds bad if you put it like that :rolleyes:
    But you left out the part where it was an absolutly brilliant night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Thus I return once more from another night out, this time in Tram Co. Have to say, a bit better than TriPod. All the same, is it just me or is there some serious agro around the last few night? Christmas really seems to bring out the testosterone in some guys.

I thought I was the only one who had a disasterous night in TriPod last tuesday. Thankfully, I've been somewhat vindicated after talking to just about anyone who was there, either that night or any other. I think the general consensus about the place is they need to sort staff training issues out or it's going to bomb just as quick as it took off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Was in Tripod last nite and twas pretty dire to say the least...bouncers watching ye like vultures and wrecking the buzz, v. mediocre music (but to be fair, twas better than most places), a full cloakroom, and eejits left, right and center...Won't be going back in a hurry anyways! Bucks and Cafe en Seine aren't much better either-too many posers and pervy gee eyed aul men!

So true about sticking to house parties, especially at this time of year! Clubs are pretty awful most of the time anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Why are you all going to nightclubs?

Pubs do exist you know...

Fibbers last night, 3 euro drinks.

Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

They forgot to account for the VAT on Justice. Filled to bar to capacity, and made a loss.

HAAAAHHHHAAAAAHHHAAAAAA!!

EDIT: Can't see how it could be possible to make a loss within the circumstances when they filled the gig to capacity??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

mloc wrote:
    Thus I return once more from another night out, this time in Tram Co. Have to say, a bit better than TriPod. All the same, is it just me or is there some serious agro around the last few night? Christmas really seems to bring out the testosterone in some guys.

Tramco was great last night!I think it was Stephen Quinlavan who organised it though not ents. Music was great and there was free champagne...you gotta love that!
    And Gordon Darcy was there! He's really gotta lose that david Beckham earing stud though:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

He organised it? I could have sworn I saw him outside Tripod earlier on in the night. I think your right though , Mike Pat was there so maybe it was B+L/QSoc.

Twas a bit of fun there last night, although again major aggression outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Well of course it sounds bad if you put it like that :rolleyes:
    But you left out the part where it was an absolutly brilliant night.
    This is why my wife is never doing our accounts....
    /runs away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Schlemm wrote:
    Was in Tripod last nite and twas pretty dire to say the least...bouncers watching ye like vultures and wrecking the buzz, v. mediocre music (but to be fair, twas better than most places), a full cloakroom, and eejits left, right and center...Won't be going back in a hurry anyways! Bucks and Cafe en Seine aren't much better either-too many posers and pervy gee eyed aul men!

So true about sticking to house parties, especially at this time of year! Clubs are pretty awful most of the time anyway...
    Have to say I enjoyed it. Mind you I could be stuck in a jail but as long as I have my friends its all gravy. Was really jammers tho and the floor was so sticky I kept losing my shoes :s

And I think tramco was run by Law Soc, infact I'm quite sure of it. Twas that one with the pictures of the women in the santa outfit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

gubbie wrote:
    And I think tramco was run by Law Soc, infact I'm quite sure of it. Twas that one with the pictures of the women in the santa outfit

Nope that was 21 because it said so on the posters and Richie was there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement