Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm in shed

Options
  • 20-12-2006 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys im looking to set up an alarm i the shed. i have phonewatch but dont have anything out there. any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

emm depends on your situation i guess, will the phone watch system not extend to the shed??, do you want your shed monitored? do you just want to hear it going off yourself at night etc. Depends on the physical layout (how far is the shed from your home) and your requirementrs, anything from €150 for a basic DIY job, to a seperatley wired system to linking to your phone watch, (IMO if it is possible to link this into your phone watch then that would be what i'd do, if you're happy with phone watch that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I have a PIR sensor in my shed which is about 30 metres (through 3 walls) from the PhoneWatch alarm unit and it all works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

how did you go about setting that up john

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I just moved the PIR from my garage to the shed when I converted the garage, so I didn’t even need to get phonewatch out. If you call them I'm sure they would install a new one for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ban me?

Yeah! and charge you €180 for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

hi,

How far is the shed from your house,if not far you can fit a contact on the door and a dual tech inside

regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

Depending on the panel supplied by phonewatch range could be an issue

Advertisement