Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Clubs

Options
  • 20-12-2006 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Im moving to Dublin after Christmas (for a few months at least) and would really like to join a club. I've never cycled with a club before, so, I would like to do it for the group motivation etc. Im pretty tired of cycling in the country on my own.

What's the state of cycling in Dublin? Are there many "good" clubs to join?

I'm going to live in the Firhouse area and don't want somewhere too difficult to get to but I would travel a bit.

Also, Im 23 but have never been involved in races and things , is there much of that to get into in Dublina and Ireland in generally even though Im far from the top of my game or anyone else's!

Thanks

Extranjero!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Road clubs or proper clubs? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

There is a list at Cycling Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Extranjero

Road or proper?

Well, I've got both in the shed so I might try either! But I was thinking about road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I can't recommend any particular road clubs, but I'd suggest riding with several of them (from the list above) and see who you get on best with. If you want to get off road you're welcome to come out with us - http://www.madmtb.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Extranjero

Another question, what is the age profile like in Dublin road cycling clubs?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Morgan wrote:
    I can't recommend any particular road clubs, but I'd suggest riding with several of them (from the list above) and see who you get on best with. If you want to get off road you're welcome to come out with us - http://www.madmtb.com.

great XC Mtb club, lots of crack on easy and medium pace spins! check of the link posted by Morgan! Sat for easy and SUnday for medium to hard pace! different vanues each week and lots of support given! :D

Advertisement