Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh in Tullamore August 2007 - Accomodation required

Options
  • 20-12-2006 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi, There is a fleadh in Tullamore in August 2007. I know a group of traditional musicians who will be travelling from Sligo to take part in this event. There are between 10 and 12 of them. To date they have had no luck in booking accommodation. All hotels and B&Bs appear to be booked for this event. Does anyone know of anywhere that would be able to accomodate them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Hi

did ye try the following places in tullamore, court hotel, bridge house hotel, sea dew guest house, days hotel. if you give those places a try you might have some luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭hamrog

THanks Offaly1, I tried all those places plus many, many more. Same response from them all....completely booked out.....Does anyone know of any local musicians or families who will host musicians from out of town....it would be a shame if they had to pull out because they could not get a place to stay....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

this is the same fleadh ceoil that was held in letterkenny for the past two years? something like over 150,000 came for the weekend. people had to book hotels etc in other parts of donegal.great craic thou

try other places next to tullamore, maybe even athlone, there is normally train services etc running on the hour, letterkenny's fleadh was badly organised imo, (i was living and working up there and involved in a sub committee)

anyone who has got a field around tullamore, i suggest for some good money making, rent it out for people who wish to camp that weekened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I live in Killina near Rahan. Its about a 10 minute drive to Tullamore. There are 3 B&B's down the road from me. For some reason their names escape me, one is canal view B&B I think if you have a car, there are two routes into Tullamore from the B&B's on the road. A back road and the main Birr-Tullamore road.

There are probably B&B's in Tullamore if you look into it and you'll get some in a village called Mucklagh. You can walk to Tullamore from Mucklagh but I think its a little far. A friend lives there and he walks home from the pub some nights from Tullamore. Mucklagh is past Charleville Castle as you head out of Tullamore so if your at the Charleville end, you could walk it if you had to.

edit---

Ran into this site:
    http://www.irishbeds.com/offaly_bnb.html

Rahan Lodge
    Killina Tullamore Co. Offaly

Shepherds Wood B&B
    Screggan Tullamore Co. Offaly

I know where these two are and you'll need a car to get to Tullamore if you take either of them.
    Rahan Lodge is actually just across the road from me. The other one is a on a different road and both are about the same distance from Tullamore. About a 10-15 minute drive.

Canal View Country House

Mrs Bernadette Keys

Killina
    Rahan
    Tullamore
    County Offaly

10Kms

057 9355868

Taken from http://www.queenofthelandfestival.com/accomodation.html

This is also on my road. Have you tried most of places on that list? I'd avoid Shepherds Wood B&B anyway because the woman that runs it is insane if its the place I'm thinking of. Anyway

Advertisement