Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT! Hans Christian Anderson Book Needed.

Options
  • 20-12-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I need to find the Hans Christian Anderson book "The Little Match Girl" but I'm having trouble finding it. Too late to order online for christmas :(

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

If you're in Dublin I recommend heading into town and hitting all the bookshops you can until you find it. Head for Dawson St. and try Waterstones, Hodges & Figgis and Easons, one of them is bound to have it. If you're not in Dublin, I've no suggestions, sorry.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Does it come just by itself? I've only ever seen it as part of a compendium of his stories because it's so short.

You're best bet is going to be the Children's sections of the the big bookshops in wherever your nearest town is.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A quick search on Easons website returns something which suggests they could have it. I think I have seen it but as a young readers book. Maybe a call to your local bookshops might help?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I have "The complete Hans Christian Anderson" at home. I don't think they do separate books anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 foxymarrylou

Hey,just wondering if you've had any luck finding The Little Match Girl??! I'm in exactly the same position, really need to get it for Christmas for a special pressie! I had actually ordered it on Amazon, like a month ago, but they messed up my order and now it's not gonna be here on time :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

I'm sorry to be posting offtopic, but is anyone aware of the Hans Christian Andersen film that was on RTE a few months ago? It seemed to be the biographical representation of the author, a pretty modern film from the 1990s I would have thought. Any ideas?

Advertisement