Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steelers Playoff hopes!!

Options
  • 20-12-2006 4:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I know this is a bit far fetched but it could still happen:

The Steelers still have some hope:

Here are the Wildcard standings if it ended now the top two would go through on tiebreakers.

Jacksonville 8-6
    NY Jets 8-6
    Cincinnati 8-6
    Denver 8-6
    Pittsburgh 7-7
    Tennesee 7-7
    Buffalo 7-7
    Kansas 7-7

This week Denver Play Cincinnati and Buffalo play Tennesse.The losers of the Buffalo game will be eliminated from wildcard spot.The winner of the Denver game will go 9-6 and loser will go 8-7.If Pittsburgh beat Baltimore who will not be starting all their main players as there playoff position is sealed they will go to 8-7.The Jets play Miami in Miami which will be hard for jets to win and Jacksonville play New England who will be tough to beat as their going for homefield advantage in playoffs as no one wants to play in new england in january.Also Kansas play Oakland.

After this week i hope this is the way the standing will be:

Cincinnati 9-6
    Jacksonville 8-7
    NY Jets 8-7
    Denver 8-7
    Pittsburgh 8-7
    Tennesee 8-7
    Kansas 8-7

In the last week of the season the steelers need Kansas to beat Jacksonville(as pittsburgh has already beat kansas this year the steelers will be ahead of the chiefs if they beat cincinnati)

Denver and the Jets should also win their games as their against easy rivals so that leaves Tennesse againt New England which will be a very tough game for them.Or if its Buffalo that beat Tennesse the week before they have to play Balitimore away.

So if most of those games go that why(some of them dont but the steelers need Jacksonville and Denver to lose both there last 2 games and the Jets and either Buffalo or Jacksonville to lose 1 games.Thats if the steelers win out their last two games against divisional teams.If they beat Cincinnati they will go ahead of them on tie breaker and it will be probally Pittsburgh at 9-7 that gets a wildcard spot with either Denver or the Jets or Cincinati depending on the results.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

jets will beat the dolphins i think. My christmast wish is for jets to make the play off, ideally to win the SB buts thats very unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Tweeder 26

hahahahahahahahahaha i hate the steelers and am delighted the ravens pissed all over them TWICE this season:D :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

So who out of the above teams, still have a chance of getting in?

Sorry but I don't know much about how the playoff quals work in NFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

The jets have it in there own hands if they beat oakland there in the playoffs, Denver, Cincinnati are also in with a chance, but losing the last game to denver by the extra point attempt is shocking ! so cincinnati are doubts . Tennesse titans are outsiders, with Vince young playing the way he is, they could turnover the Patriots.

Dallas to beat detroit as well , giving them 1st round pick for next season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

If the steelers had just of won 1 of those 8 losing games they would be in the playoffs as they would of had the tie breaker over kansas as they beat them.So all those results went the right way except for pittsburgh who lost to the ravens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Delighted with the Chiefs making the playoffs. Larry Johnson with another 3 TD's yesterday. Gonna take some performane to overcome Indianapolis next weekend though. Hopefully LJ, Green, Kennison and Gonzalez can do the biz on offence cause the defence is gonna have a tough time of it.

LJ will hammer the colts. I'd make the chiefs the favourites.

LJ will hammer the colts. I'd make the chiefs the favourites.

I agree LJ will cause them all sorts of problems but the Colts have home field advantage and Manning leading their offence. To make the Chiefs favs is a bit much I think but hopefully they can do it.

Favourites is probaly a bit much. The line start at -7 colts but was soon changed to -6.5

Wouldnt be suprised if it went down even further.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9900864
    1. Yeah, sure Kansas City is lucky to be in the playoffs, but the Chiefs are Indianapolis' worst nightmare -- and I'll tell you why in two words: Larry Johnson. If the Colts can't stop Ron Dayne from carving them up how are they going to stop Johnson?

Definitely underdogs going into the game but seems as though the experts stateside think there's a real chance of an upset.

• Advertisement
Advertisement