Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

season 4 fantasy (results and comments)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

SmackDown!
    It's ok Triple H, they don't have a match, but do make it onto the show,so some surprise points coming my way, woohoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I cant seem to get end of week 2 results from wwe.
    i am lucky i picked my week 3 team, one never knows when one might get into one's teams again.

END OF WEEK 2
    1 the great equalizer reclaims 538
    triple h
    2 Fozzstars 532
    fozzy
    3 The Reganio Foundation 524
    reganio 2
    4 XXX Treme 515
    jongore
    5 The Game's Revenge 496
    minto
    6 The Devilship 469
    xylophonic
    7 Irony is a dead scene 457
    bob squish
    8 afternoon delights 232
    deathray 4000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Once again the fantasy league shows how the booking in WWE is bad. I picked both members of Cryme Time because I had a strong feeling that the tag titles would change on Raw. And they did change, but someone obviously forgot who the no.1 contenders were. Ah well!

I did better than I thought I would. Benoit helped me along I think. It's all very close, nobody's running away with it this time

They did say that all results will be up by 4pm the day after each show, which is 9pm our time. Wasn't up til today..

had a look at everyones team
    Reganio---will score big in RAW. your SD pick is good too. lokks the best team.
    Jongore---Will score big in RAW. SD pick ok. a good team.
    Minto
    will score in RAW more so.
    xylophonic
    will score in RAW more so.
    my team
    half RAW half SD
    fozzy
    half RAW, half SD
    bob squish
    will score big in SD
    deathray 4000
    half RAW, half SD

I changed my team around a bit last night, replaced Jeff Hardy and Kenny with Mickie James and Flair. I think it just about might have paid off. Although probably not as much as triple h's team.

your right fozzy, even though i had a small raw selection, i think i may have scored the most last night or if not damn high, which i am very very happy about.

RAW scores from last night
    jongore 115
    xylophonic 104
    triple h 101
    death ray 87
    minto 81
    fozzy 78
    reganio 73
    bob squish 56

Ooh, close one. I made the right decision in that swap, got 14 more points than I would have. The top two don't have Batista on SD, he's likely to score big I think. Myself and triple h do. Very tight so far, better than previous seasons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Fozzy wrote:
    The top two don't have Batista on SD, he's likely to score big I think. seasons

Good RAW for me, HBK, SuperCrazy and Melina all got good points (BTW I do have Batista:D ). SD should be interesting, I've got Batista, Duece and Domino and I wouldn't bet against an appearance by HBK and Cena to help promote No Way Out. Very good league so far.

after raw and ecw this is how we look heading into smackdown
    1 the great equalizer reclaims 669
    2 XXX Treme 642
    3 Fozzstars 631
    4 The Reganio Foundation 603
    5 The Devilship 590
    6 The Game's Revenge 586
    7 Irony is a dead scene 522
    8 afternoon delights 340

now, i know bob squish will score big in smack down, so i am going to leave him aside, but xylophonic and minto better be careful, the two of ye are still in it and could still win the league, its just ye are near the hole and ye might fall into it.

END OF WEEK 3

1 the great equalizer reclaims 761
    triple h
    2 XXX Treme 713
    jongore
    3 Fozzstars 691
    fozzy
    4 The Reganio Foundation 659
    reganio 2
    5 The Devilship 657
    xylophonic
    6 The Game's Revenge 637
    minto
    7 Irony is a dead scene 573
    bob squish
    8 afternoon delights 430
    deathray 4000

Minto, Xylophonic and reganio 2 must have a good week 4, with a ppv coming ye can do it.
    We lost bob squish, i cant see bob coming back. deathray was facing an uphill battle from week 1 ( when he did not pick a full squad) and it just proves that if you fall down bad in one week it is hard to come back.
    I cleaned up in RAW this week from a small raw squad, thats what did it for me, i was very very very lucky, pure luck.

THIS IS WHAT WE SCORED IN WEEK 3

1 the great equalizer reclaims 225
    2 XXX Treme 205
    fozzy was breathing down your back and you lost fozzy, that was brave (you scored the most in week 2 and 2nd best this week, thats good)
    3 afternoon delights 195
    pity you messed up in week one
    4 The Devilship 182
    a bad week 3
    5 Fozzstars 158
    hmmmm, not like fozzy
    6 The Game's Revenge 146
    a bad for you too
    7 The Reganio Foundation 137
    and you were doing so well, well everyone does have one bad week.
    8 Irony is a dead scene 126
    this week killed you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 deathray 4000

so is everybody picking their teams this week based on the ppv

so is everybody picking their teams this week based on the ppv

Yeah, of course. PPV appearances and matches are worth more points than regular tv points. Also, whoever appears on the ppv will more than likely be on the tv show aswell, so you'll get even more points for them. But it might still pay off to pick a couple of Raw or ECW guys, depends what you think

Bad week for me alright. No sight of Regal on tv even though he's booked in a ppv match. Same goes for Kane. They'll probably be the top scorers next week now....

I think this has to be my least RAW orientated choice for Fantasy ever, but I need the points. I really miss CM Punks push though, it was almost always guaranteed points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

5th place aint to bad! I forgot to change my team for the last 2 weeks. Changed it now, for the PPV week so hopefully I can climb the rankings!

To quote Victor Meldrew, "I don't believe it!"
    wwe.com wrote:
    Proving truth to the old adage that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, Deuce & Domino have secured a match for the WWE Tag Team Championship at No Way Out.

After two weeks of successfully defeating WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick in non-title action, the newcomers to the SmackDown tag scene were appalled that a title match would take place at No Way Out without their participation. The disappointed duo then made it a point to have the match killed. But Deuce & Domino didn’t go to SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long to have the match stopped. Instead, the impressive team took their complaint straight to WWE Headquarters in Stamford, Conn.

After listening to their complaint, WWE officials ruled in favor of Deuce & Domino, naming them the rightful No. 1 contenders to the WWE Tag Team Championship. As a result, the Ladder Match pitting London & Kendrick vs. MNM vs. The Hardys vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor has been removed from the No Way Out pay-per-view.

WWE have done it again. The ladder match has been scraped and now those greaser wannabes are getting a title shot instead. This completely f*cks up my fantasy picks! God damn you WWE!

Sorry for the small rant, but I was sure Kendrick/London would retain, now I dunno who to pick. At least they told us before the deadline, I suppose.

* I am having awful trouble picking a team this week. i keep cahnging it. Must be 10 times now i have changed my week 4 team.

* I guess ye read in a different thread how king vin(aka cm punk) back stabbed his friends in boards.ie

* I reckon regal must have an injury, have not seen him in a while.

*I also reckon one more match will be called for no way out.

* last time i looked at our league, i like to see my name on top, we have a bogus team called marsh magic or does anyone in here own that team, i know a few people in ireland with the name marsh.

Yea, it seems 'CM Vin' doesn't think we're good enough ne more. But the booking for this PPV is awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Minto wrote:
    Yea, it seems 'CM Vin' doesn't think we're good enough ne more. But the booking for this PPV is awful!

I feel "you sold out chants" ringing in my ears! This could be a Ric Flair situation circa 1992 (yep I'm comparing myself to Ric Flair).

He left the smaller pond at the time (NWA) to the bigger pond (WWE). But he did come back.

So who knows what might happen!

• Advertisement

I read about the ladder match being cancelled, but I completely forgot that I should change my team because of it! Lucky I read here, although I'm a lot more uncertain about my team now, as everyone is I suppose

And I just noticed that I got 3 extra points in the last couple of days. They never seem to get the points right the first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Thank you for posting that Minto it might not have had the greatest implications on my team but its very sportsman like and I applaued you for that and me as a person who never reads wwe.com unless I am changing my team I wouldn't have noticed this so thank you.

Just in case you didnt notice the Divas match will NOT get any match points they will only get appearance points.

I have an odd feeling we will still see a ladder match at NWO

Damn you Xylophonic, you just made me doubt my team again. I'm turning into Triple H with all the changing, lol!

As for Regino, I wanted to vent my anger more than help anyone. I just didn't think it warented a new thread, lol!

There won't be a ladder match at NWO, they're just trying to get heat on Deuce and Domino for "stopping" it. It all makes sense now, they weren't planning to have the match at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

It's really hard to pick for this week with so little confirmed for the PPV:confused:
    Bit of a let down with the ladder match cancelled, maybe they'll continue the theme and have the ladder match with D&D vs L&K.
    I'm picking some long shots and hoping they pay off:eek:

this was a blank of a week to pick a team, here is what i make of your teams, (i notice we all have around 10 players on each team)

my team----i would liked to have got rid of mercury and b/man for batista but time ran out.
    jongore
    yes, benoit is a long shot, this is a good team.
    fozzy
    benoit??????? just like my team, i am not sure about yours.
    reganio 2----mercury, super crazy and khali could kill you.
    xylophonic
    nice team bar the two ecw guys (but the ecw are not bad picks, could work out)
    minto----looks like xylophonic's team. again i dont understand why there are 2 ecw guys.
    bob squish
    a good team, but kenny and khali may kill you and benoit is a long shot.
    deathray 4000
    2 ecw guys???? jeff not at no way out is a loss for you.

"Same thing happened me last season, but I decided to go with the boards league cos it's more satisfying beating triple h" --fozzy

hmmm...very very funny... two time champion sounds good to me though. I reckon i am going to win season 4.

i reckon our scores for raw will not show up until friday, i could be wrong. anyway this is what i reckon people scored last night, i could be wrong, but i am not too far off.

IN THE 80's----reganio 2 and xylophonic ( super crazy and khaili worked for you)

IN THE 60's
    jongore, minto, bob squish and deathray 4000.

IN THE 40's
    fozzy and myself

Benoit is a slight long shot, but I think practically everybody else would have been too. I find it hard to believe that Benoit won't be on SD or NWO, and if he defends his title at either of them, then it's almost certain he'll retain as no build-up has gone into any challenger. Matt and Mercury are a bit of a gamble too, but I they have to be on the ppv I think

I miss the Spirit Squad and all their handicap matches, it was so much easier to pick a team back then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

triple h wrote:
    IN THE 80's----reganio 2 and xylophonic ( super crazy and khaili worked for you)
    cool I forgot all about it last night I knew it wasn't on at 2.00 so I didnt bother staying up for it, now all i need is for mercury to do something good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 deathray 4000

triple h wrote:
    deathray 4000
    2 ecw guys???? jeff not at no way out is a loss for you
    i was worried about that but it seems to have paid off

THE MIGHTY KING VIN HAS REJOINED HIS BOARDS.IE FRIENDS.

let me be the first to welcome you back, although i wonder are you just back for a week or two to show off your score, i knew you were 785, i checked it on sunday, first thing i said to myself was 'DAMN'.

Its good you came back, fozzy might up his game now, sadly fozzy was not pushing me. You have a very very very very good team for this week, DAMN.

I know you are most likely going to be keeping an eye ion your new friends. Do you watch survivor vince ( it was on tg4 for the past 14 weeks and just finished last saturday) you remind me of one guy in it (jonathan) that was very fond of backstabbing people.

triple h wrote:

I know you are most likely going to be keeping an eye ion your new friends. Do you watch survivor vince ( it was on tg4 for the past 14 weeks and just finished last saturday) you remind me of one guy in it (jonathan) that was very fond of backstabbing people.

Did Jonathon win?

I suppose I should be sporting and welcome you back.

But at the same time I have to wonder are you back because your search for competition has humbled you or because you miss us?

Minto wrote:

But at the same time I have to wonder are you back because your search for competition has humbled you or because you miss us?

well said.

anyway, jonathan did not win. he was number 13th voted out of 20.

Minto wrote:

No comment.

I challenge anyone (that means you Triple H) to a fantasy league loser leaves town match for this season!

How about you both leave when I win?

I dont think anyone should leave, we are all here for fun. Looks like vince is trying to ruin our league so he can rejoin his new friends and not be called a back stabber.

forget about all this backstabbing talk, let the points do the talking and fighting. lets roll on......

heading into no way out. this is how we look.

1 King Vin 973
    2 the great equalizer reclaims 919
    3 XXX Treme 911
    4 The Devilship 842
    5 Fozzstars 843
    6 Marsh magic 808---WHO ARE YOU?, are you one of vince's new friends
    7 The Reganio Foundation 802
    8 The Game's Revenge 782
    9 Irony is a dead scene 766
    10 afternoon delights 620

I am not one bit worried about vince's score because i reckon i will score more than him this sunday, A----i will catch up to him or B
    i will pass him out.

The biggest danger here is jongore. i am not joking.
    jongore and myself have teams that look kind of alike. If benoit is at no way out (i dont think he is) i am ruined, jongores team is good enough to get into first place after sunday without benoit.

I kind of figured no way out would have an extra match, i picked mr kennedy, i was lucky, it worked for me.

good luck to all, except jongore, only kidding.

• Advertisement

Benoit is all over the NWO ad, I'd be surprised if he didn't end up with a match

Ah, ****s sake! Apparently he's not going to be on the ppv at all! Why did they bother putting him on the ad then?

Ah, deadly, Benoit, Matt and Mercury are on the ppv. No title defense for Benoit though, unfortunately for me

God, i'm in a bad position and it won't be helped by NWO. I left out Cena in favor of duece and domino and now I doubt they will win the titles! F*ck it anyway!

Damn the scores changed, i changed it above. they gave vince more points. I will catch up but i was hoping to jump into the lead. they also gave jongore more points, the very person i was most worried about, he is like G W Bush with his 911 and he is going to war.

The results are in! Scoring for week 4:

1 Fozzstars 396
    2 XXX Treme 387
    3 Irony is a dead scene 385
    4 King Vin 382
    5 afternoon delights 366
    6 Marsh magic 366
    7 the great equalizer reclaims 353
    8 The Reganio Foundation 326
    9 The Devilship 313
    10 The Game's Revenge 259

My picks of
    Cena and Michaels really paid off, even though I think I predicted the other team in another thread

Which leaves us with overall scores of:

1 King Vin 1167
    2 the great equalizer reclaims 1114
    3 XXX Treme 1100
    4 Fozzstars 1087
    5 The Reganio Foundation 985
    6 Marsh magic 981
    7 The Devilship 970
    8 Irony is a dead scene 958
    9 The Game's Revenge 896
    10 afternoon delights 796

I made up a lot of ground on triple h and jongore, still some way off Vince though. I'm sure the scores will change around a bit before Raw

I had a bad week. I think thats the last ppv for us until week 10. I am sure the scores will change a bit, but not much. you needed that week fozzy and you got it on a ppv week, the best week to have a good week.

• Advertisement

I forgot to change my team for this week! :mad:

For last week do you mean? You've still got another 50 minutes to change your team for the coming week

hmmmm... jongore and myself are all RAW.
    Fozzy is all ECW and SD
    and vince is even steven in all 3 brands.

We all expect melina to win the belt
    hard to say who has the best team.

Ah, triple h and jongore, you've missed out big time! Triple-threat for the ECW title this week, that's main event and specialty points you've lost out on. I think Mickie will retain, but Melina fits in better with my team I think. I am loudly confident for this week

Fozzy wrote:
    Ah, triple h and jongore, you've missed out big time! Triple-threat for the ECW title this week, that's main event and specialty points you've lost out on. I think Mickie will retain, but Melina fits in better with my team I think. I am loudly confident for this week

Damn---i dont watch ecw. i was wondering why so many ecw guys were picked. I should sky+ it anymore and watch the matches in fast foward mode.

I had a great RAW last night, everyone i picked , bar Orton, won. I scored really really big last night, i guess i am lucky bearing in mind what you just told me.

YOU KNOW, I RECKON I WOULD NOT HAVE TOUCHED THAT ECW MATCH, EVEN IF I DID KNOW ABOUT IT, THE LAST TWO ECW TTILE MATCHES WERE RUBBER, TOTAL S---, I RECKON YOU WILL SEE THE SAME AGAIN, TONIGHT ON ECW.

By the way, not sure about this, long story and i did not look into it, but i think one can watch ecw live on the sci-fi web site live.

• Advertisement
Advertisement